Sign in to follow this  
ducatiss

Disgruntled - am I being unreasonable?

Looking at replacing a rear wheel bearing on my daily driver (Mk3 Mondeo) so emailed off to Auckland Bearings Ltd Thursday morning asking for a price and availability on a couple of bearings (will do the other side as well) Now these are expensive little suckers as they include the hub and abs assembly.

No response on Thursday so at 4pm phoned through and asked if they were able to anser my email and provide a price - yep will get on to it was the reply.

Still no response

Today (Fri) I emailed the manager and asked for a price etc to be emailed to me

Still no response by 5pm

Now I appreciate that ppl are busy sometimes but for a grands worth of parts I would have hoped for some sort of confirmation on whether they could have supplied or not.

Obviously the recession is well and truely over for some companies up there.

Or am I being unreasonable?

Edited by ducatiss

Emailing and getting no response for a few days, not completely unreasonable if they can't find the parts

Calling, being told yip, will email that through by the end of the day and not doing it

That reflects worse than saying, we are extremely busy, we will attempt to find the parts but may not be able to get back to you before next week.

Working with customers for many years you learn that telling the customer the truth vs telling them what they want to hear is always the better option in the long run.

Source parts somewhere else and then email oringinal company and tell them you got the parts somewhere else and they missed out.

I did this an was sent a discount coupon for next time I wanted something.haha like I am going back there.

Not unreasonable at all, as a customer I would have expected a reply the same day whether they could find them or not.

Not unreasonable - would vote with your wallet and go somewhere else... unless this is the only place you can get these from?

When you rang why didn't you get an answer on the phone instead of via email?

When you rang why didn't you get an answer on the phone instead of via email?

Well I thought it would be easier for them to check the email with the specific vehicle details etc etc and respond to that. What annoys me is that this is not the first time this has happened with various bits and pieces I have wanted - in the worst case I emailed a firm (again in Auckland) for some bike parts, recieved no reply at all until in desperation I had emailed to Australia, got a price that morning had the parts freighted over, and the day later, eventually received a price back from Auckland!!

Edited by ducatiss

I find if you need something urgently your best bet is to ring up. Always good to have instant confirmation, I would've thought they could do it over hte phone.

Edited by bmw3

I wouldn't say that was being unreasonable, especially after calling in. The very least they could have done was send you a courtsy email saying they couldn't find or what ever.