Sign in to follow this  
tmase

E39 540i

Cheers guys. Our Mazda 6 is doing 9.5 at the moment, thats with 80% highway useage which I thought was crap to be honest but it would make a 540i a not so bad alternative should we ofcourse purchase a warranty tighter than watergate.

the e39 has a well known list of issues,and there is nothing there to be afraid of as long as the maintenance is up to date.A waranty on a e39 would be a waste of money imho.save your bucks and put it towards upgrades or future repairs

the e39 has a well known list of issues,and there is nothing there to be afraid of as long as the maintenance is up to date.A waranty on a e39 would be a waste of money imho.save your bucks and put it towards upgrades or future repairs

I was thinking angel eyes and getting the Nav up and running if I get an import with a screen.

Ive heard that warranties are nigh on useless barring certain engine failure events, the companies try to make most things out to be 'wear and tear' and thus not under warranty.

I was thinking angel eyes and getting the Nav up and running if I get an import with a screen.

Is it difficult to get nav running? Or expensive?

Wait until Dynavin start shipping there units for the e39 then go for one of them then you get everything else rolled into one. That's just what i would do however.

I have just done mine last weekend - I am working on a thread, keep an eye out!

I have just done mine last weekend - I am working on a thread, keep an eye out!

Sounds good. Cheers.

Don't need "Nav" when you have a 540i...just go where ever the V8 wants to go!

I thought whales belonged in the ocean :lol:

That black one is such a tease. It comes up under my 'transmission: Manual' search.

I had all but booked the tickets to Christchurch before the photos tipped me off. Turns out 'steptronic' refers to an automatic transmission and not some sweet, electronically assisted, dance moves.

Do these things ever pop up in actual manual?

I've only ever seen 2, both were on TM. IIRC one was purple and pretty rough, the other a light blue.

Manual 540's are rare mate, I remember reading a thread about the guy who bought the 540is/6 Touring in Belgium or somewhere and there were 9 manual 540's and 1560 auto 540's for sale in the whole of europe at the time.

You will suffocate waiting, not the manual type of car really anyway.

Do these things ever pop up in actual manual?

very rare,in about four or five years (previous to the two above)i have seen two from memory,a black one in rotorua(so called snitzer) and a silver one in invercargill,they are a fantastic car in manual,I have driven one,strangely i was not excited by it.A e39 M5 is another level all together.You are talking nearly 100 hp more..