Sign in to follow this  
BMWTouring

Back to BMW

Well after being an Audi driver for almost a year now, I got rid of it and just brought an E39.

some of you probably saw it on trademe.

a few extras are in the plan. ;)

post-641-1282360421.jpg

Cool mate.

What is it? A 540i?

Sadly not, its just a 525i, but should be a good daily driver.

V8 would've been nice B)

I like it, Colour and It looks like it has nice BBS wheels too?

More pictures please :D

Id say its a 1997. Front grill is pre Fl, and bumper is also pre fl with a sweet looking lip.

I really need to get my sh*t together and get my facelift lights etc.

More likely its a 523i since they didnt do pre fl 525i I dont think, still has the same M52B25 engine though just different badges..

Looks sweet though man, I like it. Nice as colour.

cheers guys, its a 98 525i, Pre facelift but has the facelift lights front and rear.

I'm pretty sure the wheels are just the standard 540 wheels.

will post up some pics on the weekend when i give it a wash, been through lots of roadworks since the weekend so its looking a bit grubby.

Id say its a 1997. Front grill is pre Fl, and bumper is also pre fl with a sweet looking lip.

I really need to get my sh*t together and get my facelift lights etc.

More likely its a 523i since they didnt do pre fl 525i I dont think, still has the same M52B25 engine though just different badges..

Looks sweet though man, I like it. Nice as colour.

To my knowledge 523i is Euro spec, 525i is the equivelent Jap spec car - mine also pre F/L Jap 525i - a 99 car

To my knowledge 523i is Euro spec, 525i is the equivelent Jap spec car - mine also pre F/L Jap 525i - a 99 car

Ahhh yeah I thought there was some kind of deal like that, I stand corrected! ^_^

So what have you got planned for it man?

Edited by RJS

not gonna get too carried away with it as its probably going to end up being the wifes car, but i want to put leather trim in it, MF steering wheel with cruise etc, probably E39 M5 rep wheels, tints, new speakers, just mainly cosmetic stuff really.

MF steering wheel will be a real luxury, just get some real tough looking mags, probably go with 18's, we have 18's on our family e39 and it looks the part and comfy, 19's and u got a bumpy ride. tints r always a must. what is the sound system on the car? bmw business? and also im guessing u got orange taillights? judging from the orange indicators, could use a smoke/tint spray/clear light swap. otherwise, looks pretty good in the grey and nice bodykit too :)