Sign in to follow this  
skuter

1997 728i washer fluid low

Hi

I have bit of a problem with washer fluid, basically when I try to wash the windscreen, a little water goes and then it just stops :(

i filled the washer fluid tank to the top but no spray action is happening at windscreen. Now I did check that jets are not disconnected doesnt seem to be case.

so my question is could it be the pump or something else? how do you check that pump is working?

any help appreciated.

Easiest way is if it's making a noise. You could also check the piping for leaks etc. If you're getting a little bit of water each time i'd say it's losing pressure somewhere.

Pumps are a common problem... they also leak from the shaft seal & drain the resevoir

Easiest way is if it's making a noise. You could also check the piping for leaks etc. If you're getting a little bit of water each time i'd say it's losing pressure somewhere.

thanks i will check it out on the weekend see if the pump is making any noise.

thanks i will check it out on the weekend see if the pump is making any noise.

It can also make a noise without pumping... so don't be fooled by noise

It can also make a noise without pumping... so don't be fooled by noise

thanks for the tip will check the pump and see maybe if the "blockage" is somwhere else as well.

the washer tank is full from front so i doubt there is a leak, cant notice any wet paches but will check it all and see :)

thanks for help

thanks for the tip will check the pump and see maybe if the "blockage" is somwhere else as well.

the washer tank is full from front so i doubt there is a leak, cant notice any wet paches but will check it all and see :)

thanks for help

well tank is full so the water is going into it, no leaks. the pump makes the buzzing noise I wonder if pump needs a replacement.

anyone experienced this?

Take out the pump & check for blocked filter on inlet.

Had this symptom (little water then none but pump still working) the other day in my E39. I initially thought my 18 month old pump had shat itself, upon removing it -found the blocked filter.

Take out the pump & check for blocked filter on inlet.

Had this symptom (little water then none but pump still working) the other day in my E39. I initially thought my 18 month old pump had shat itself, upon removing it -found the blocked filter.

thanks for the tip will try that

its fixed.

I took the pump in the end and little grommet inside it. gave the pump few air blows and plugged it back in. Filled with water and its working nicely now.

Thanks for you everyone helps, one less thing to worry about.

Cheers,

Ivan