Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

Porsche Cayenne - opinions

Hahaha, sorry for taking this way off topic mate but seing the yanky stuff came into it and M5V8 jumped on the band wagon, I had to too!

god bless America. =D haha nah the srt8 jeep is the yank car I have liked post 80s

Thanks Nicko, your reply really helps. As I said on my previous post, it's on the list because it's a Porsche that can take 3 people in comfort not because it's a SUV. I don't really care whether it's a SUV or not as I don't do water sports, don't have any real horses or race cars meaning no need to tow anything. Will be better if I can fit 3 people comfortably into a 997.

Funny how this topic becomes a discussion about build quality in general.

Cheers!

Build quality is always hit and miss...

I had up until the end of last year the '06 Audi 4.2l V8 RS4 Avant... talk about lack of build quality! Fantastic engine, average gearbox, decent grip and the only Audi that communicated on the road. But sh*t kept on breaking!!! Failing shocks, transmission replaced, rear blind snapped, hole wore through floor mat at 30,000Km, rear calipers failed, and more!

Honestly does not matter what the brand is you always come across build/batch/material quality issues.

Love my '86 M635CSi because when something breaks it is because it is 24 years old!

Nicko.

Built quality eh... don't get me started in my VW Polo

It's a 2007 model, 111k on the clock

control arm bushes, 2x radio replaced (1 faulty, 1 recalled), air con, DPF,

rounded off cam lobe on 1 cyclinder (weird, but under warranty)

Built quality eh... don't get me started in my VW Polo

It's a 2007 model, 111k on the clock

control arm bushes, 2x radio replaced (1 faulty, 1 recalled), air con, DPF,

rounded off cam lobe on 1 cyclinder (weird, but under warranty)

Did I hear the Polo wasnt made in a VW factory but some cheaper factory somewhere? Anyhow bluemotion is diesel yeah? Must be bloody cheap to run??

My car was made in Spain and yes it's a diesel. Even with RUC, it's bloody cheap to run.

As some of you know I am a courier using that as my delivery car. 80% inner Auckland-city driving, 45 litre tank ($50-ish to fill), I do 600km per tank easy while on the job.

On out-of-town delivery where 90%+ motorway, I've recorded ~1080km on a single tank.