Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

Clash of the V8's

Jason and I took the day off work today to take the V8's out for a bit of a play, was a brilliant day and it was basically just us on the track so could not ask for much more :)! We only really decided to go this morning and hence why we were unable to spread the word but hopefully next time we can drag a few more Chch boys along.

This was the first time for me on the track with the V8 and it was barrels of fun, the rubber I'm running at the moment is rubbish so I was not pushing very good lap times but boy does she haul ass. In the M3 I would just be hitting 180 at the end of the straight, so was pretty stoked when I saw the needle click over 200.

Jason's car on the other hand.. now that's on a whole new level. It was fast enough before with the trick brakes and the lexus V8.. add a supercharger and some slicks and you have a serious weapon! Left me for dust :(

Not too pleased with how the photos / videos turned out but here is some documentation of the day.

post-1976-1283264898.png

post-1976-1283264904.png

post-1976-1283264917.png

post-1976-1283264910.png

post-1976-1283264923.png

post-1976-1283264930.png

post-1976-1283264935.png

Edited by crazyarab

2nd to last photo and video FTW

Now all it needs Atta is an Mtech 2 kit ;)

Woah, both cars are so badass!

Want want want

Awesome afternoon, Awesome photos. Love the sound and very impressed with the performance of your car. Have to do it again sometime soon.

How did the in car video come out when you were riding shotgun in my car?

Guest Simon*

Nice work guys!!

Any day on a track is a good day :)

What was the fisheye attached to? Some good potential there

Anymore Vid's Atta ??

Fortogt to charge the camera before heading out and it died on me fairly early, plus I was too busy having fun to take vids :(

Awesome afternoon, Awesome photos. Love the sound and very impressed with the performance of your car. Have to do it again sometime soon.

How did the in car video come out when you were riding shotgun in my car?

Sound came out rubbish man :( I'll upload it tonight anyhow as you can kiinda hear the supercharger wind through the static.

What was the fisheye attached to? Some good potential there

No idea what you mean here but I'm assuming you talking about the camera? My brother was playing around with this panorama settings and somehow managed to take those fish eye looking shots.

I sure do miss the old girl :( but looking good and glad your enjoying it!

Ahh was that your old car Sam?

Yep, Sam was the mastermind behind this build :)

Ah. Curious, not to be rude but what was the sale/purchase price?

Hehe *taps nose*

Put it this way, if Sam didn't want to sell I would have probably gotten myself an E36 M3 Evo.

I have just bought a new camera mount, should be able to shoot some decent track video at the dual sprints and multi car sprints on Sunday.

Anyone welcome to come out for a look, Dual sprint racing starts about 10 30am, Multi car about 1pm. 6 cars all mingling together, not sure about this one, dont want any panel damage ,see how I go for position in the dual sprints.

I have just bought a new camera mount, should be able to shoot some decent track video at the dual sprints and multi car sprints on Sunday.

Anyone welcome to come out for a look, Dual sprint racing starts about 10 30am, Multi car about 1pm. 6 cars all mingling together, not sure about this one, dont want any panel damage ,see how I go for position in the dual sprints.

Will try to make it out man, best of luck retaining the title B) !