Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

mitsi cordia gsr.

Anyone know anyone who is/ wants to sell theirs,

I have checked trademe but only 4 listed,

pm me if you know anything

Cheers

Oli

Lol my Dad had one of those brand new, was mean, said TURBO all the way down the side and was at the time the fastest NZ production vehicle.

Good luck ^_^

Not many GSR's left both cordia or sigma, my uncle had one of each brand new his was the sigma, hers the cordia.

I remeber a very fast drive between New Plymouth and Whangamata in 86 in a brand new cordia GSR light pink colour, fast car in the day.

I think rust got most of them, they were rusty as 10 years ago!

I had a Mitsi Lamda (two door sigma) 2 ltr turbo about 12 years ago. Damn thing was full of rust. Friggin quick tho. when that turbo kicked in it spun the back wheels. bloody scary. even had big tyres on it 185/70X14 well they were big in the day haha

You really want the Starion..

And yes as said Prev.. Rust owned them.. My Uncle had 3 Cordia's and god knows how many Starions.

They are what got me into speed/fast cars

do any of the cordias come out 4wd or are they all fwd?

Some JDM cars were 4WD, they are rarer than hen’s teeth though, have only ever seen one in my life and it was on stilts.

I would say there would be a few mint NZ Turbo’s around just as there are a few mint NZ Corolla GT’s hiding in sheds, I think they are an important part of NZ motoring history and will bare themselves in years to come… will be telling our kids that they actually used to make cars in NZ and the probably won’t believe us.

No I mean like the Cordia. It was made in NZ. Never mind :rolleyes:

^really? i never knew that. learn something new every day. i thought they stopped making cars here before the cordia was around.

Na they made or assembled cars here up until the late 90’s early 00’s AFAIK, can’t remember,

A mate of mine picked up three cordias a couple of years back, didn't pay more than $150 for any of them. One was turbo. I was in the a wrecking yard in Masterton a year or so ago and there was a reasonable DOHC turbo injected cordia there too. Kinda wanted to grab it from them. Amusing old car they are!

yeah, i used to have a light blue 1.6 carby cordia, had a big drainpipe on it, lowered on 17s had a supercheap scoop siliconed on and painted with a spray can, had whorey tints, sprayed black interior, dented and scratched up. but for all of the above it was my fav car owned to date, hence why i want another one, it looked like a p.o.s, sounded really loud and offencive and always turned heads when it started popping because the timing was out... best thrash hack/dd yet.

I borrowed one for a week, the SOHC 1.8 Turbo one... Mate went away let me use it, Was going to buy it off him when he got back... but Mum was being a kill joy.

they're a little bit scary when you're 15.

^theyre fun eh? i dunno what it is about them but they just have that fun factor in them that makes you want 1.

^theyre fun eh? i dunno what it is about them but they just have that fun factor in them that makes you want 1.

The turbo one my mate picked up used to torque steer like a biarch in the wet, some say that's no good, I say it's super fun. Lots of character for an 80's jappa, more so than the [superior but beige] ST162 celica and scungy turd pooludes. Not as much of a giggle as an s12 silvia, but, they are all broken now [same mate has three nice ones....]

gotta love tourque steer, thats why i LOVE mazda 3 mps's because if you boot 3rd down the motorway you end up in the other lane. some say it sh*t but it makes the driving part really fun because you gotta hold on and drive it.