Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Uh Oh SpaghettiO

I knew there was an alarm installed in my car due to the siren under the bonnet, but its never worked while ive owned it, so thats the last I thought of it, apart from thinking I should pull that out some day.

Roll on Dash swap day, and hello, some clown has made a mess of my cars wiring.

Can someone help identify whats needed, whats alarm rubbish, and WTF ? :huh:

This is what we have to deal with -

Posted Image

Stereo stuff (my guess is 3 different stereo installs, easy to sort out)

Posted Image

Whats this plug, and why is not plugged into anything?

Posted Image

What was plugged into the alarm box, Im pretty sure I can cut most of this shizzle out. Any idea what the green white with red band wire is? upper left of the first pic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These jumped heavy gauge wires dont look factory :P, but they seem to end up at factory wiring, so I should be able to just remove them and stick the factory wiring back together.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is this wire here factory? it runs from the fusebox right into the alarm loom. Im guessing I can ditch it.

Posted Image

This cut wire (3 wires) was jammed under the DME mounting screws, any idea what its for? Its runs up the drivers A pilar

Posted Image

Im impressed that the whole alarm install was done by twisting wires :D including the wiring for alarm loom off the battery terminals

Cheers for any guidance on whats what.

Edited by Jacko

that looks like my underdash wiring :o have to get a new under-dash loom one of these days haha

that looks like my underdash wiring :o have to get a new under-dash loom one of these days haha

The dash I bought came with a loom attached, just the one the runs along the top, but the plugs dont seem to match the old dashes one, so Ill play swapsies. If you want this one its all yours, guessing its out of a newer model than mine.

Got a whole swag of wire splices and am gonna start chopping obviously wrong shed out tommorrow, hopefully through ellimination it gets simpler too look at, and makes some sense. Fingers crossed :o

Still totally confused about the 3 wires that run up the A pillar, and the random plug thats against the firewall on the engine side.

I never realised how many bulbs there are under the dash, nearly all of mine are blown. Its gonna look like a friggin christmas tree once finished B)

sweet will pm about that!

the wires that go up the A pillar are for the sunroof and/or check panel, and if niether of these are present in your car, they are probably just wired in from the factory.

E: not sure about which connector you mean without a photo sorry

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Sweet as.

Successfully (well it looks right) hacked out the alarm.

This is the random plug, its behind the cylinder head up against the firewall, runs along the top of the engine loom -

Posted Image

The 3 wires up the A pillar are still unknown, car has the checklights and electric sunroof, but they run up the passengers A pillar, and they all work anyway. Im guessing it may be remants of an old cop detector, as there is some sorta random bracket attached next to the check lights.

EDIT -

For anyone who cares, ive never read this before, but theres some difference between a facelift and p/facelift dash. Flift dash loom has male plug, P/flift has female loom plug, and the glove box catch brackets between the too are slightly different (took me awhile to figure out why it wouldnt close :D )

Edited by Jacko

Bonus! It still works, and no smoke escaped! apart from being thick and putting the steering wheel back on all on the piss, successful mission B)