Sign in to follow this  
curryinahurry

E46 LED Parklights

Hi, I've recently decided to change my parklights (the little ones inside the high beams) to white LED ones to match the colour of my xenons. But now the computer think the parklight has blown and lights up the indicator instead.

Does anyone know a good way around this problem without switching back to those ugly looking filament parklights?

THank, A

Yeap .. just a LCM recode ...

Can help you out if needed.

PM me

Hybrid, can the LCM be recoded for rear LED tail lights also? I had been thinking of replacing mine, but hadnt until i have gotten to the bottom of the whole error issue. I had read that only some of the newer years could be recoded? And not mine, a 2000 e46.

Any ideas or knowledge :)?

Edited by rookie

Hybrid, can the LCM be recoded for rear LED tail lights also? I had been thinking of replacing mine, but hadnt until i have gotten to the bottom of the whole error issue. I had read that only some of the newer years could be recoded? And not mine, a 2000 e46.

Any ideas or knowledge :)?

The LCM can be coded for the following

Warning:

High-beam headlamp

Low-beam headlamp

Front fog lamp

Position lamp

Taililght, outer

Tailight, inner

Number plate light

Reverse lights

Rear fog lamp, left

Rear fog lamp, right

Brake lights, left and right

Brake lights, center

Trailer lights

Cold Monitoring:

High-beam headlamp

Low-beam headlamp

Front fog lamp

Front blinkers

Rear blinkers

Cold monitoring interval: in second

Daytime running lights (DRL)

DRL-ECE (Lowbeam + taillights)

DRL-low-beam (no taillights)

DRL-dimmed high-beam (no taillights)

% Highbeam brightness (0..50%)

What cant be coded at the moment is if you change out your park bulbs to LED or CCFL and trigger the side markers.

You can trick the LCM by leaving one park bulb inserted into the socket and strapped in under the bonnet.

did u get it sorted. basicly there is a cheat for this that does not involve leaving a naked blub tied up under the bonnet,that can rub onto wires plastic etc and can over heat. the trick is basicly a resistor and only costs a few pence, and the meathod is to solder it in between the positive and return just infront of the bulb holder and that feeds the correct resistance back to the lcm and tricks it to thinking all is ok.

the only bad thing is that if the led side light fails you wont be told on your dash,but leds last for years and years so u should be good.

did u get it sorted. basicly there is a cheat for this that does not involve leaving a naked blub tied up under the bonnet,that can rub onto wires plastic etc and can over heat. the trick is basicly a resistor and only costs a few pence, and the meathod is to solder it in between the positive and return just infront of the bulb holder and that feeds the correct resistance back to the lcm and tricks it to thinking all is ok.

the only bad thing is that if the led side light fails you wont be told on your dash,but leds last for years and years so u should be good.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

What resistance would you use? Would this be a high power resistor?

Thanks,

Andrew

What cant be coded at the moment is if you change out your park bulbs to LED or CCFL and trigger the side markers.

You can trick the LCM by leaving one park bulb inserted into the socket and strapped in under the bonnet.

Why not just code the LCM properly ? ..

I think you just contradicted yourself there.....

I think you just contradicted yourself there.....

What he means is although the car will not indicate an error on the dash, it would light up the side indicator to ensure the car's visibility on the road. So, to counter this, one will still need to put a load/resistance in the light circuit to trick the car NOT to do that.