Sign in to follow this  
ACS523i

M52TU

Hi All

We took our 2000 Schnitzer 523i up to Hamilton a couple of weeks back.

A friend of ours there, after driving ours earlier this year went and got himself a 99 M52TU 523i stocker - but he was surprised just how much quicker ours is, when they're supposed to be the same car

He had his car dyno'd and it is running the factory HP it's supposed to be, so no problems with his car.

He has since driven an 01' 530i and reckons our Schnitzer 523i is at least as quick as that. :o

Schnitzers are generally only cosmetic build ups only right? .... and the fact it is a Dual Vanos (99+) makes no difference to the output I believe? :huh:

On ours I know there is an AC Schnitzer Air Box in it (well branded so anyway) - and was told (by the dealer :rolleyes: ) some computer chip work has been done.

Headers & Exhaust actually look stock too so I didn't think the power difference from the changes mentioned would be that great.

........Here's the question -

What work could he do to give him some extra punch??

He wants the same/ more punch out of his 523 (short of dropping an M54 3 litre or a supercharger in it) without spending lots of $$$$$ so I said I would jump on here and see if anyone has any wallet friendly solutions for him.

Any Thoughts?

Cheers

Only thing to do on the cheap that would actually make the car feel faster would be to change the diff ratio.

Is it manual?

Headers would probably do you some favors as well. But all of this is plenty of money for not a lot of gain.

Maybe your definition of cheap is different to mine.

Why do you (or your) mate want more power?

Remapped chip by Hi-Velocity would give gains, talk to Gavin, a sponsor on here.