Sign in to follow this  
simke

Yellow headlight covers - are these legal?

I'm looking at something like this:

Visit My Website

Safeguard your headlight without harming the great look of your BMW 3 Series. LaminX headlight cover protective film is the clear way to stop lens-cracking enemies from creating a hefty replacement bill of more than $300 per light.

The secret to LaminX headlight cover protective film is pressed, polished thermoplastic that's custom-cut to the exact dimensions of your lights. Also using a very forgiving adhesive backing for a tight fit, plus makes installation a breeze.

Although I wouldn't want to make the indicators yellow, just the headlights. Like the look, like this one

Posted Image

I never had a problem when I used that product.

Yellow highbeams are legal, unsure if the entire unit would be though....

are my red indicators illegal? probably. do they look awesome? i think so

i say do it haha!

btw, do you know how much it tints the actual light? it might not be much at all.

Well yeah thats what I'm not sure about. I couldn't find any decent pics (especially for the lamin-x) so its hard to tell, but looking at the sample on their website, may not be dark enough.

Visit My Website

Their whole kit (which includes headlight, indicator and fog light films) is US$49.95 plus US$11.95 for shipping.

I tell ya what, if you're unsure about yellow, the black tints would look bloody cool too.

They would, but I still like yellow more :P

Does anyone here have a yellow film over their headlights? Would be good to see some pics even if not on e46.

Yep found and read that yesterday afternoon... good thing I didn't place an order beforehand.

Too bad, I really like the look.

FYI I never failed my WOF at VTNZ with them on...

You could argue that the films not for decoration because the light colour is changed to yellow its makes things more visible or something along those lines :P

Why did the french used think yellow was a better colour for headlights? That could be your argument if questioned, although I never was.

Annnd you can buy static cling film to put over oyur lights now days, so you can remove if driving lights are required during poor visbility etc etc etc

On 9/23/2010 at 2:07 PM, simke said:

They would, but I still like yellow more :P

Does anyone here have a yellow film over their headlights? Would be good to see some pics even if not on e46.

I have full French oem yellows lenses in my lights with yellow fogs and my wof guy told me to take them off they are illegal ? ? 

did the wof guy also tell you to reply to a thread from the last decade?

just kidding.. welcome to BS :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1