Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

18" CSL Reps on E46 M-Sport Wagon?

I am thinking of getting a set of these:

post-2707-1285899476.jpg

In 18" to put on my old man's E46 M-sport Wagon.

Having never seen these on an E46 wagon in the flesh, I was just wondering what others reckon, look good or no? Only down side is you can't fit staggered rears on the wagon :( , apparently.

Yeah I reckon they could look pretty good too Jon. No you can't run the standard M3 wheels either - the rear offset is wrong for a std E46. But if they are replicas, are they different offsets?

Personally I think 17's are preferable (simply because of tyre pricing and availability) than 18's, although this may have changed now. Only driven one E46 on 19's and it was like a rollerskate and bloody awful on the road (and that was nice smooth Auckland roads - hate to think what the rough chip rural roads would have been like).

and that was nice smooth Auckland roads

Where can I find these "nice smooth Auckland roads"?

Haha - that was the Northern Motorway. As bad as they are, they are much better than the rural stuff in this country!

Personally I think 17's are preferable (simply because of tyre pricing and availability) than 18's, although this may have changed now. Only driven one E46 on 19's and it was like a rollerskate and bloody awful on the road (and that was nice smooth Auckland roads - hate to think what the rough chip rural roads would have been like).

Decided to go for it and order the wheels, if they don't look right I can always sell em on, the standard MV2s in 18" on the car aren't that bad.

I know what you are saying about the 19's on NZ roads, which is mainly why I decided that the 18's were the best size, 17s look too small on an E46, and I will just have to suck it up when it comes to tyre time. At least I can rotate the tyres around as the wheels aren't staggered fitment. I will post up some pictures when they are on.

Wheels don't look concave enough to be convincing CSL reps... perhaps it's just the angle of the photo? However, I do like CSL's, one of my fav BMW wheel styles and they certainly look good on any E46.

Wheels don't look concave enough to be convincing CSL reps... perhaps it's just the angle of the photo?

With the genuine CSL wheels (three times the price, second hand and won't fit the rears :( of a wagon) there is a lot of concave "dish" on the wider rears, fronts are not the same. These are pretty close to the fronts, but not exact and should still look pretty smart. My concern was how they would look on a wagon, rather than a coupe or sedan, will soon know, wheels have arrived, just waiting on photos.

Photo of wheels on the car, not the best shot, but gives an idea.

post-2707-1286831378.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the results from the photo, will have to double check them in the flesh.