Sign in to follow this  
nzer

i got bored today

hi guys,

got bored today, was very nice day today and had an extinguisher lying round so i thought i might put it in the e30 haha.

post-6165-1286171205.jpgpost-6165-1286171086.jpg

never a bad mod to do to an E30 lmao

Mine's mounted to the front of the seat, there's already holes there for a fire extinguisher, I just bent up a piece of aluminum.

(it moves back/forth with the seat too).

Pics later ;P

I've actually already discharged one of my extinguishers on an arson, so very handy 20 buck insurance policy.

Mine's mounted to the front of the seat, there's already holes there for a fire extinguisher, I just bent up a piece of aluminum.

(it moves back/forth with the seat too).

Pics later ;P

I've actually already discharged one of my extinguishers on an arson, so very handy 20 buck insurance policy.

yeah I was going to to mount it in front of the seat, but my rails have been modified to suit the bucket seats.

Was easy 10min job.

Am interested of pics of yours.

Where do you get them for $20?

supercheap auto $19.99 for 0.75 kg fire fox fire extinguisher. Edited by e30 power

Go to Mitre10 Mega you can get MSNZ certified ones there for something like $25. We got one last week there for a friend.

For a 2.0ltr (non-turbo) car and under you need a 1kg fire extinguisher for clubsport racing.

Figure people will read this, this is from another forum:

Re: NZPCC Taupo track day

by andygti » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:58 pm

well after all we really needed those extingushers!

nogrip had a major engine malfunction which caused #3 rod to break free from the cranck and smash a hole in the block and then BOOM caught fire!! luckily me and bevin were overtaking him at the time and had a extinguisher so stoped to help put out the flames. it took 4 of them to kill the flames!

must say tho im really shocked at the organisers, not one came to check if we needed a hand or bring a spare extingusher!!

I have a chubb 1kg one in the boot of my E30, mounted on top of that shelf like thing next to the jack on the liner. piece of ply on the other side to anchor it there for something to screw into. was going to put it in the cabin, but didnt look clean ha. at least its there

Posted Image

When I take the seat out to fix the seatbelt clicker up I'll remake my bracket out of steel so it's sturdier.

Was a SCA one, but my new one (in pic) is the 25 dollar one from Mitre 10, as the arson was my dads car so they bought me a new extinguisher.

Edited by antil33t