Sign in to follow this  
b mike w

E30 Sunroof Drains

Hey guys just wondering how you go about clearing out the sunroof drains on a 1986 E30. I keep getting puddles in my passenger footwell and have been told this may be part of the problem.

Liquid drain cleaner and/or curtain wire

Edited by Brams

Liquid drain cleaner and/or curtain wire

Were abouts do you locate the starts of the drains? do you have to wind the sunroof back and theyll be down the sides?

Wind it back and there are two in the front corners and two in the bottom corners of where the sunroof was sitting.

And I agree what Matt said about the rear ones, start at the back

Edited by Brams

I had this happen to me (drivers side though). Open your bonnet, and there is a trunk-like piece of plastic coming out of the firewall. This is where the water drains out, and chances are its blocked up.

Mine was full of crap from the last 20 years. Just clean it out and pop it back on, I havent had that problem since.

compressed air gun works a treat

I had this happen to me (drivers side though). Open your bonnet, and there is a trunk-like piece of plastic coming out of the firewall. This is where the water drains out, and chances are its blocked up.

Mine was full of crap from the last 20 years. Just clean it out and pop it back on, I havent had that problem since.

Tried the above technique on my e30 and it worked a treat. It was very clogged up - no more wet carpet.

Tried the above technique on my e30 and it worked a treat. It was very clogged up - no more wet carpet.

I have tried this and it wasn't blocked. also found a leak that went down the bonnet release cable but I still seem to be getting water coming in and have no idea were it could be coming from

Check the heater pipes at the back of the motor closest to the firewall? I was getting leaks from there.