Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Gear and Differential setup

Was trying to decide what differential would suit me best but really needed some visual way to decide between all the possibilities.

Using a spreadsheet from Glenn I have modified it to do something like what you get in gran turismo, RPM on the Y axis and Speed on the X axis, drop down combo box for gearbox selection and a slider bar for final drive (diff) ratio.

Screenshot to come

If you want a copy of the spreadsheet drop me a PM.

Okay, so I went to that link but couldn't find any downloads for a gear/diff ratio graph...

Will email you my s/s

Edit...I just sent it to your hotmail email address that I have, if you want me to send it somewhere else PM me your email addy.

Edited by ///Carl

Haha, thanks Grant, that site actually gives me some more g/box ratios to include in my s/s, will add them and resend you my s/s :)

E: Just noticed that Ove's calculations are using 3.04 instead of Pi...that makes a considerable difference between the two s/s calculations, if you change the 3.04 to Pi() they match up perfectly :)

Edited by ///Carl

Can you not just display another 5 fields of data on the same spread sheet??

I have a programme from quaife that I have modified to add different tyre sizes & gearbox/final drive ratios. It spits out a graphical & text comparison between however many setup's you want!!

glenn, I would be keen to get ahold of that programme..... if you wouldn't mind sending it to me :P

CaM_ae86@homail.com

250mb limit, so i imagine it should be fine

cheers :bowdown:

Can you not just display another 5 fields of data on the same spread sheet??

I have a programme from quaife that I have modified to add different tyre sizes & gearbox/final drive ratios. It spits out a graphical & text comparison between however many setup's you want!!

Yes you you can do whatever you want, that's the beauty of spreadsheets :D

I just personally wanted a s/s that gave a Gran Turismo styled gear ratio graph with RPM on the Y and speed on the X, I can modify it again so several pages and graphs are all interlinked to the combo box and slider bar if you want...

I've only been playing with excel and this spreadsheet for a week now and it keeps getting better each time. The only annoying thing is the slider doesn't update the graph until you release the mouse...if only I could get it the two linked to work as you slide it it'd be super tits :mosh:

This is just one s/s in a world of s/s's but you should note that i've added several addition gearbox's to it :)

Edited by ///Carl

Carl, my hotmail one doesn't work, only for Messenger.

grant@bimmersport.co.nz

Cheers

Have emailed out my latest and hopefully final revision...

Added a few more boxes and worked out the slider so that it refreshes when you scroll it, just like in GT :D:D:D