Sign in to follow this  
reelGOOD

Summer tyre opinions

So summer is just around the corner and its time get some sticky rubber on my wheels and id like a little advice from the bimmersport community. The car is a 2001 525 msport and is my daily driver and weekend warrior. At the moment Im thinking Potenza RE11, but I'm worried about how long they'll last. Anyone used or using these tyres? What are your opinions on wear?

So, what would you recommend for a MAXIMUM performance tyre, thats going to last until next autumn/winter. Price is irrelevant(ish), and so is overkill on a 2.5L. I dont think you can overkill when it comes to tyres.

Michelin. Pilot Sports. The engineering that goes into a tire by Michelin surpasses all others.

There's a reason they put Pilots on the new M3..

Don't get the RE11 if you do lots of summer driving. The tire noise will drive you bonkers!

Michelin. Pilot Sports. The engineering that goes into a tire by Michelin surpasses all others.

This. If money was no object.

Perhaps (ish) should have been in capitals. These are about $1000 per wheel right? Im looking to spend around $500 per tyre or less. Has anyone used Eagle F1 Asymmetric?

Michelin Pilot Preceedas then. Amazing rubber. Close to the performance of the Sport and much cheaper really.

Ahaa not that much. Just driven a lot of different tires. Mmmm practical experience

what size tyres are you looking for? This will help in determining what is available

I have set of Michelin Pilot Preceedas in the sizes above on the 540 currently, even though the tires are nearing end of life they are still sharp and have plenty of grip. Very impressed with them.

I will be going another set I feel soon.