Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

Computer Group Buy

Hey guys,

Helping out a few mates with getting some new computers sorted out. Im going to order in the parts and put them together for them.

So was thinking, does anyone want a computer made up. Won't be pricey at all. They will all come with a BMW logo on em =D haha.

Top quality stuff, all will have Windows 7 Ulimate loaded on, I got 3 months of free time, so this will be something to keep me occupied and out of trouble. =) No labour charge or anything.

Im thinking of making a few base type systems. 19 inch LCD monitor, Apple Keyboard, Mouse etc, 2Gb of RAM, 3 ghz? 320gb HDD. Windows 7 Ulimate as well!

If you want more speeed, memory just let me know. Im not going to market this or anything as its just something to help some people out with, save them paying dell or compaq for crappy branded rubbish.

I think this will come to round 800 maybe. Not sure on prices yet. But more people that want one made, cheaper it'll be. Im thinking Ill place the order on Tues-Wed week after next so 2-3rd of November...

My car might have WOF round then so if you guys pay for the fuel Im happy to come drop it off to you as well.

Flick me a PM if you want a me to build one up specially for your needs or anything. If your at all keen just leave a reply down so I can get an idea of numbers!

Edited by Gotheschu

Wouldn't bother with Win7 Ulti, the price difference is too great compared to Home Premium, with a cheap system, you don't really need the extra features.

Why an apple keyboard on a PC? they're a Major pain, and again a basic USB Microsoft keyboard/mouse is 50-60 bucks max instead of hundreds.

all about saving money haha.

Wouldn't bother with Win7 Ulti, the price difference is too great compared to Home Premium, with a cheap system, you don't really need the extra features.

Why an apple keyboard on a PC? they're a Major pain, and again a basic USB Microsoft keyboard/mouse is 50-60 bucks max instead of hundreds.

all about saving money haha.

Nahh. Lets just say, Ulimate doesn't cost anything more too me =) and Apple Keyboards are really good. Im using one and I got it for 70. Then again Im running OSX on my PC so I kinda like having apple stuff everywhere makes me feel like i can afford a real mac. =)

Are you suggesting illegally obtaining windows? I cannot condone this. Otherwise, hook ups pl0x?

I have an old iMac you can have :P

I doubt OEM is all that different in price between the Win7 versions.

FYI, University of Auckland offers one free copy of Windows 7 professional 32 and 64 bit, as well as Windows XP to their students. Dunno if that goes for other tertiary schools.

Yea. Well. Heres the specs of what Im thinking. BTW this won't be slow. Pretty quick computer for your buck.

19inch Widescreen

Intel 2.93GHZ ( don't have details )

2GB Of Ram

320GB HDD

gigabyte motherboard

Cooler Master Tower Case

Apple Keyboard

Average Mouse

Windows 7 Ultimate

Im expecting to be quoted round 700-800 for this so if your keen =D

Could be interested in sorting a deal with you :D

Sory to say but this seems a bit pricey?

Not really...

800 is alright, he'll be wanting to maek money too.

I priced a complete Phailnom Quad setup for a mate @ ascent for $1350

Yea. Well. Heres the specs of what Im thinking. BTW this won't be slow. Pretty quick computer for your buck.

19inch Widescreen

Intel 2.93GHZ ( don't have details )

2GB Of Ram

320GB HDD

gigabyte motherboard

Cooler Master Tower Case

Apple Keyboard

Average Mouse

Windows 7 Ultimate

Im expecting to be quoted round 700-800 for this so if your keen =D

Add $50ish and get 4GB ram windows 7 idles on 1.46GB for me so there is no ram to run anything else.

As i work at DSE i work with this stuff alot.

Got for a i3 or i5 Chip.

Case keep it simple and cheap its not going to help in anyway.

Ram Go DDR3 1333 [if there is some cheap stuff]

also where you buying the parts from? If you PM me the stuff you are after i could get you a price to match it up with.[Have computer supplier mates]

I currently have exams so I haven't really looked hard at this but wanted to see what interest was out there.

I only want 10-20 for all my labour and dropping off to people ( i know I said if they paid for fuel but ones time is worth something )

If anyone is seriously interested flick me a PM and I can sort you out =) If you think its pricey, then simply go back to the board index, personally I think its pretty cheap/reasonable, but it doesn't really effect me. if you would like the help Im offering then sweet but I don't lose out on anything if ya don't =D