Sign in to follow this  
new2thisgame

lowering e36 1996 318is

I have a 318 e36, 1996 coupe and would like to lower it?? the front looks to high, have been advised by mag and turbo to use vogtland springs and drop front by 20mm and back by 70mm for the price of $650, i would be interested in hearing opinions and options??? cheers

How much more clearance do you have between the guard and the tyres do you have on the front? If its a lot higher it could be that whoever put the springs on before put them on upside down. Have bought two cars like this...

what??? a spring is a spring. It will sag to the same height wether it's upside down or not

70mm at the back sounds like a lot. Reverse rake

what??? a spring is a spring. It will sag to the same height wether it's upside down or not

70mm at the back sounds like a lot. Reverse rake

Im not entirely certain about that but there is a left and right for the front suspension springs...

new2thisgame...give Jono...from Mag&Tyre Direct a call about lowering...I think they can offer a better deal and they are bloody good at what they do...

Mag and Tyre Direct

Contact Johno - Zenetti on BS Forum

penrose@magandtyredirect.com

Tel. 09 580 1371

Mag and Turbo...Ive dealt with them and I cant say I was happy with their service...

Edited by NVSBMW

Im not entirely certain about that but there is a left and right for the front suspension springs...

Mmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Aye wot :rolleyes:

I was quoted $599 for an H&R install at mag and tyre. Maybe if i said "Johno said $499 though"! i could get it :P