Sign in to follow this  
gouba

e30 rear fitment question

Im looking at rebuilding my current bbs wheels, im going to swap the rears with a 2 inch lip onto the front and take the 1.5 inch lips off the fronts, bolt on some 3 inch lips and chuck them on the back.

Question is, will a 9 inch rim and suitable tyre fit under the guard for a wof? Is it going to work?

With some stretch and guard work It will.

Any recommendations on tyre size?

New regulations say a 215 will be needed on the front and 235 on the back, might make things difficult.

It looks like atm I could easily get another half an inch in the back, but any more than that and im not sure.

Does anyone here have 9 inch rears on an e30?

Hello.

I have 215 in back, haven't had problems with WOF...yet, mine is overdue currently :P will let you know in a week or 2 haha

Do you have 9's on the rear Lucan?

Yep

Pics of my car when testing different lip sizes on the rear. Gives an idea of size, I'm going for 2.5" lips when i get round to doing the 16's (my guards are rolled to the max)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jamez

With a little camber and a 235 tyre it looks like it may just fit. the 2.5 inch lip is definitely going to satisfy the WOF inspectors

Edited by gouba

I have 215's on the reps off jono i got the staggered set from memory 8.5" on the rears with 0 offset and i gave a mild roll and now have no rub on my PFL e30

i have a pfl e30 that i ran 205/17 tires on for a bit car is low and with a full car there was no rub and even better there is no guard work done at all. these have been changed to 195/15 tires front wheel drive offset rims added 300mm spacers on the rear to get it closer to the guard but still have heaps of room because of my camber.

added 300mm spacers on the rear to get it closer to the guard but still have heaps of room because of my camber.

How do you get of with wofs with spacers like that haha

How do you get of with wofs with spacers like that haha

has to be a typo bro...but even so 30mm spacers shouldn't pass

for sure.