Sign in to follow this  
lbirgel

feel like going for a drive this weekend

Can anyone recomend any good roads?

I feel like going for a drive this weekend. something thats 2-3 hours maybe

that one we went on last year to raglan was good.

Can anyone recomend any good roads?

I feel like going for a drive this weekend. something thats 2-3 hours maybe

that one we went on last year to raglan was good.

Raglan pretty good know heaps of motorcyclists that go there stop for coffee then head back

Waipu cove, take highway 16 up then along 1 then cut across to mangawhai then up. Can take state highway back. Thats about 2-3 hours ...

Im looking at doing a Kaiwi lakes mission .. however Im still testing the range (lack of) of the e30

Waipu cove, take highway 16 up then along 1 then cut across to mangawhai then up. Can take state highway back. Thats about 2-3 hours ...

Im looking at doing a Kaiwi lakes mission .. however Im still testing the range (lack of) of the e30

I havent been up those ways for a long time so could be the go.

yeah you would want to know how many km you can do to a tank. never good running out of gas!

Havn't been to Kaiwi Lakes for 5 years when for a school camp we walked 65kms in 3 days to there from somewhere else.. Haha - Pretty epic task for 13 year olds?

do i smell a future bimmersport cruise route? =)

hmmm I used $80 worth of 98 over 230ks ... pretty sh*t really. its _drinks_ petrol even with a few parps and being sedate for most of it.

what do these engines do in a e36? surely just swaping it over wouldent make such a big difference. does it need a bit more tuning?

what do these engines do in a e36? surely just swaping it over wouldent make such a big difference. does it need a bit more tuning?

Better than 10l/100km on the open road, about 15l/100km around town (as in, no motorway at all).

Haven't taken it to the track yet, but can reasonably assume its crappy.

Edited by CamB

I removed and blanked off the emmissions pump. Not sure if that did anything.

Its stock tuned .. I think its more to do with my driving.

It's often nice just to go for a drive for the sake of it.......not to break the law or do anything reckless, but to drop what it maybe you're doing if it's a nice day and take a few hours driving out of the city for the sake of it.

I've found the BMWs have been the first cars I've been able to do that in, even in a somewhat slow 325i it's still enjoyable (especially after driving half a dozen early dull Lexus' for the past 3 years *yawn*)

A few weeks back I went out around to Thames on two different days, totaled about 500ks, it was really rather enjoyable. However the M50B25 sure does drink the fuel, not that I care of course.

I headed to Hamilton and back not too long ago - decided to try use as little motorway as possible, ended up some some properly gnarly roads!

Was doing 4-8krpm for a solid 2 hours, only used 11L/100km :lol: