Sign in to follow this  
fuzyfrog

Sultan of Brunei selling some cars.....

I think he must have some sort of relationship with NZ to be bringing them over here? last place id try and sell these sort of cars, i used to know two ex kiwi SAS guys from my surf club that were his personal bodyguards..

Same as the King of Jordan.. he had a team of ex kiwi SAS guys as his bodyguards, i suppose they have a good rep

He had the house in Herne Bay right? The enourmous one which stretched an entire block of land from one street to the other 3?

Surely Oz would be a better place to get rid of these for the most $$$?

They wont be sold to kiwis.

They are most likely here because its easier to export them again from here to America etc rather than from Brunei ?

They wont be sold to kiwis.

They are most likely here because its easier to export them again from here to America etc rather than from Brunei ?

This. Import/export laws in Aus suck harder balls than NZ + NZ is a neutral quiet country.

Edited by Pjay

The Sultan of Brunei's Big Real Estate Deal

by Deidre Woollard (RSS feed)

Jul 29th 2005 at 6:14PM

sultan

When a sultan sells, it's big news. The Sultan of Brunei has sold all 11 of his houses in Herne Bay, Auckland in one fell swoop for almost $35 million (New Zealand Dollars). It's New Zealand's single biggest real estate hit ever. The sale itself took over a year to close. For the Sultan, one of the world's richest men, the deal represents a small increase to his massive fortune. The sultan bought his first mansion in Auckland ten years ago but overall he didn't spend much time in his homes. Some of them were rented but the sultan preferred to spend time in a hotel when he travelled to New Zealand. A New Zealand investor bought all the properties but any news of what he plans to do with them is yet to be forthcoming.

From the seller's web-site:

The vehicles have been held in the collection since new and are secured in a private garage(s) outside New Zealand. All prices are in New Zealand dollars ($NZ) and FOB the secure garage(s) outside New Zealand where the cars are located.

My guess would be that the sales broker is in NZ, but the cars aren't (with the exception of the silver 456). Fairly lax business and tax laws in NZ, plus a very strong dollar making it better for selling internationally.

Shame, as I would love to go and wander around amongst that lot pretending I was going to buy one... "any chance of a test drive mate - I've got my license on me?" :lol:

Shame, as I would love to go and wander around amongst that lot pretending I was going to buy one... "any chance of a test drive mate - I've got my license on me?" :lol:

I tried that here with a brand spankin new M3 but the dealer here would not have it on, Pffft what if i really wanted to buy one :lol:

link here ferraris

i think its rather interesting that for cars worth so much, the photos and presentation on this site are very average

LOL they are selling near new supercars not a shitty old 316i, don't need fancy pic's to sell these cars. Also if you're a serious buyer you will make an appointment to view and not rely on some photo's.

I want that XJ200 so badly...

XJ220

Imagine how rusted the bores are in them.....unused 365gtb Daytona? That's like a million years of deteriorated steel parts in the engine...

Edited by Duckeater