Sign in to follow this  
briancol

Exhaust system for M52B25 any suggestions.

I want to do the exhaust system on my car. First job is to remove the cat converter, but I want a really good note out of the system. I'm not looking for lots of performance as I don't race the car.

My thoughts at the moment are to remove the existing system, remove the cat, weld in an extension with a Y yoke to attach to the headers, and put on a standard 1 in and 2 out muffler. (the car only has a single pipe). Using a standard BMW muffler should keep the back pressure and give a good note without haveing to add a Kobie.

What have others done? and do you have any suggestions.

For those who don't know my car, it's an E36 323 //M coupe.

Edited by C0SM0S

Hmmm.

Well if you want an M3 sort of sound, have 3-1 headers, paired, running dual separate pipes 1.5-2"

I would then run an H balancing pipe, then run the tube under the drive shaft, where two small magnaflow cats would be and some some small resonators then have another H pipe, then run the dual tubes out the back to a quality muffler, a Remus or something off the shelf, because they fit nicely and give a good final note. I suppose your stock muffler would work fine though, they are a c chambered design I think, so a little restrictive.

Depends what you do with headers but that would be $1500-2000 system, more or less with tube metal type and what bends you use, closer to 1000-1500 if you keep the stock rear muffler.

I've got a 328 exhaust that i'd happily part with. From headers to back box

2 pipes the whole way down with the H crossovery bit. From what i've read on uk forums it is a slight performance increase. Still has old old cats which I was going to replace with resonators.

Yeah not a bad idea just to go for a stock 328i system if its in good condition.

I got a M3 mid section for mine. Quite happy with the note it makes.

I've got a 328 exhaust that i'd happily part with. From headers to back box

2 pipes the whole way down with the H crossovery bit. From what i've read on uk forums it is a slight performance increase. Still has old old cats which I was going to replace with resonators.

PMed and thanks.