Sign in to follow this  
KRZY-E30

Wanting New Car

What Should I Do?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey, I've been thinking about a change in cars. Saw this MK2 Golf and thought it might be a nice change?

I don't really want to leave my E30 because of many things such as :

1.It being a 325 model

2. Full Leather Interior

3. An all round Great Car.

And i know if i sell it i will regret that i did because its by far the best machine i've driven and owned.

But i just want to know some of your guys opinion on this and any other information that i should know before getting a MK2 Golf.

Cheers

Mike

I was also looking at this and a friend told me quote "It's nothing special, just a big bumpered Mk 2 Gti". I know nothing about VW's but I do like special/rare/unique models or variations of cars.

a mate had one of these, he found parts so expencive ended up selling it to the yard. the Audi parts under the hood are worth a few lolz

I've been having a good look at mk1's lately. Trolling through some forums, checking out styles and mechanics, and keeping an eye on trademe. Reckon they look pretty sweet but i would def want a reliable comfortable daily also. Would be pretty keen to build something along these line but also chuck on a duckbill and wood slat style roof racks

Posted Image

This is a BMW forum… You might as well jump on NZ Rugby forums and start a poll asking if you should become a Homosexual and start playing soccer.

I vote BMW but would consider the Golf as maybe a more practical option given it’s a five door, the last of the MKII’s are nice though, there was a nice 5-Door for sale not long ago, owned and built up by a member on here who now has a lovely E30 M3.

I would say get the golf.

BUT it's not a MK1. I'm not a fan of the MK2s at all. Keep your e30!

I was also looking at this and a friend told me quote "It's nothing special, just a big bumpered Mk 2 Gti". I know nothing about VW's but I do like special/rare/unique models or variations of cars.

Well its a pretty quick wee hatch and it looks cool too. my brother gave his e30 to my dad and brought him self a wee 205gti pug lol took it for a drive and man it accelerates so fast for a wee thing. so thought i'd get the cousin of his model.

get a 205 GTI 1.9

My bro's already have 1. Dont wana copy. so i thought i'd get the revival lol. Good wee cars!

a mate had one of these, he found parts so expencive ended up selling it to the yard. the Audi parts under the hood are worth a few lolz

he had audi parts under the hood? damn lol. my brother had to get something in his car replaced, i think it was an alternator or something and it was pretty pricey

This is a BMW forum… You might as well jump on NZ Rugby forums and start a poll asking if you should become a Homosexual and start playing soccer.

I vote BMW but would consider the Golf as maybe a more practical option given it’s a five door, the last of the MKII’s are nice though, there was a nice 5-Door for sale not long ago, owned and built up by a member on here who now has a lovely E30 M3.

LMAO.. i only did the poll for S#%@ and giggles.

Yea im a BMW man at heart always. Plus you cant resist the sexyness of the BMWs Look and Power.

It would be nice to have a lil daily car so i can work on my Dream Machine. Have to take some photos of him when i get back from my trip.

he had audi parts under the hood? damn lol. my brother had to get something in his car replaced, i think it was an alternator or something and it was pretty pricey

He's not going to the right places then... =;-)

If he needs any info on things let me know

He's not going to the right places then... =;-)

If he needs any info on things let me know

I dont think it was him who took the car in to get it fixed tho lol. but yeah i told them to ask me first. but thanks man i'll let u know if he needs anything.

guessing you own 1 aswell? i used to have a 306 which was pretty slow lol but look good. at that time i wanted RWD so i bought a KP60 DX 2door had a lumpy cam 4k 5spd, was fun driving that for a few years.

Yeah I'm a pug man. Which 306 did you have? My S16 wasn't the fastest in a straight line but in corners it was more than capable - pugs = b road cars.

Your brothers 205 - if he wants cheap upgraded shocks tell him to get some 306 S16 or gti-6 shocks as the are the same but have. Stiffer dampening due to the extra weight.

Upgraded brakes (depending on model I.e gti 1.6 or 1.9, xs, gt, xr) can be gotten from a 306 xsi/S16 (266mm), 306 gti-6 (283mm), 307 2.0 models (283mm but slightly smaller pistons than the gti-6). 306 rear brakes again bolt straight up like the above front brakes but have a slightly larger piston than the 205's/309's.

Has he done a 309 gti rear axle swap? If so you can go to Citroën and order some berlingo van torsion bars (21.8mm dia vs 20mm) for about $240 each. The 309 rear end extends the reR track by 20mm and makes te car a lot more stable and the 20mm tb and antiroll bar will give a slight inceAse in stiffness. A 306 s16 / gti-6 rear anti rollbar (24mm) can be cut down (80mm roughly for a 205) and the end cap welded on for a cheap upgraded anti-rollbar.

Trailing arms, hubs, control arms, gearbox, can all bolt straight on for different performance/handling options...

Edited by DRTDVL

I used to love them Pugs! But Always wanted to be a BMW E30 owner :)

i used to have the nana spec 306 lol but added some mods like intake pipes pod filter was sitting on cutties (was young then and mates peer pressured me) and eurostyle exhaust.

my bro is getting married so i dont think he will do those conversions. i'll end up helping him paint the car and minor things like that to get it looking and performing nicely.

but thanks for your interest :) never know, i might be the next owner of that pug 1 day :)

Thats all good, most of those "upgrades" are cheap to do as the cars the parts are coming from are constantly being wrecked. The hardest part to find would be the 309 rear end.

When i get back to chch next week gona ask my bro if he'll sell his car to me lol. but he put this big ass rear muffler on and its real loud.

was watching wheeler dealer fixing up this nice white 205 gti. wish he sold it to me lol.

have you done much to the engine in yours?