Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

1996 (E39) BMW 523iASE

Ok guys, heres what happened.

I went on holiday with my family to Christchurch for 5 days.

We went with no intention whatsoever of buying a car. I thought it was weird that Dad was asking me about BMW's on the way up, but it turns out he was just interested. We saw a number of E39'S on the way up and Mum and Dad said they liked them.

Next day it was an early start and i found the phone book and looked up BMW as soon as we got to the motel, even before unpacking 9 (the day b4). So i knew the address and Dad and i looked it up on the map we had.

We arrived at BMW, looked around for 2 minutes, and sure anough i found the perfect 5er, just sitting there. The salesman came out blah blah how can i help.

Anyway, he said he didnt want to move that particular 5er out of the yard because it'd be too much work for him so he gave us a import 525i that was very unlike the 5er we liked. Unbalanced tires, kumho's and pirellis mixed up, velour seats etc.

After the test drive Dad and Mum loved the car, but after breif talking said no.

At this i wasn't surprised, but slightly dissapointed.

The next day i said maybe can we please please maybe go back to BMW, and since we had some time to burn, the olds said yes.

Another young guy came out (turned out to be MINIS salesman)

We went back to the motel, and the olds went to their bedroom to talk (yes talk ) for about half an hour. They came out and rang Scott (salesman) and said they were coming down in half an hour. So we did, and looked at it again, Dad rang our Technician down at BMW dunedin, and asked a few q's. Like, any probs with cars that year, engine hp diff to 525, what se means, how the triptronic works etc etc.

-1996 (E39 Facelift) BMW 523iSE

-2.5 litre engine,

- 18" MTECH Genuines Continental ContiSport tires, 245's front, 265's on the rear.

- Black leather

- BMW 6 stack

- ASC

- Titanium Silver paint.

- New Zealand new, lived in CHCH all its life.

- Triptronic

Well thats all for now, sorry if i have written abit much, but hell who cares... E39 STZ! :D

Emma.

Edited by BMW POWER

Lats but not least, ass and a angle. Looks like its trying to say something to me, like is my ass to big? or is it just nice?

Baby, your ass is just perfect Emmas says :lol:

Emma, Emma, Emma - Not Lyttelton rest area, Lyttelton doughie area! Should've lit it up :lol: (jokes, I do not condone or endorse this kind of activity)

Nice looking car, Whats happening to the poor old 3?

looks mean :pimp:

needs angel eyes, or at the very least, clear front indicators, pm me, I can get :D

List to do -

1. Clear indicators

2. Clear indicators on the rear

3. Clear repeaters.

Tried the clears with Pshop, looks great

But hey whos decision is it.. not mine.... Thanks for the offer Cam, who knows one day we (me and family) might take you up on it.

Surge - poor old 3 - well erm, it got given, no not given, traded to BMW Chch, whcih will give it to comeone else, as they are not allowed, nor like selling Jap imports. The 3 was getting too small, nice car n all, but yeah.

mmmmm 18 m parralllels.....looks very nice....almost as good as an e 34 ;)

Nice Car Emma. Which one was a photo of your ass? Gus will show you his... Oh that's right, he already has.

That has to be the most over-tyred BMW, I've ever seen. No need for traction control with such big tyres.

Emma,

Whilst the wheels are nice and shiney, get them coated with wax. I used the meguiars carnauba and they are a breeze to clean.

Even after four weeks of grime they just wipe right off.

Clear fronts, sides and crystal rears will make the car look years younger.

Mmmmmmmm M-par dish. Welcome to the club.....dont worry about Paul, he's jealous as hell :finger:

Are those the regular tyre sizes for a 5er with 18's ?

Martyn,

Yes, i will do the full Emma Personal in the weekend, taking special care with the wheels as they are one of the pride and joys of the car.

I'm pretty sure that they are the norm tire size for 18"s. But then again i'd have to check with BMW.

What size are you tires Martyn? 275's on the rear 255's on the front?

As for the jealousy, well as for KIWI535, he probably loves his car, and thats fair enough, each to their own.

But yeah they people in Milton have already got their noses out of joint about it. But hey f*** them. Been through enough jealousy crap with the other 2 BMW's , now we are just used to it.

What size are you tires Martyn? 275's on the rear 255's on the front?

Yeah thats what I have on mine, 8.5 on the front, 9.5 on the rear.

A friend bought an MSport 540 a few months ago and that has the same as your aswell. Started with 17's of course, so I assume thats the right size for the 5.

I like it I like to ALOT. Love the mags.

Nice story - whom was more excited, parents ot you Emma??

So - new car for the olds. Do you inherit the old family bimmer?? :ph34r:

Me.. more excited.

Guaranteed she won't, i told her please please don't curb them.

How much are they worth, i said brand new from BMW $6000 or so.... to extravagent.. or what?

Emma,

Whilst the wheels are nice and shiney, get them coated with wax. I used the meguiars carnauba and they are a breeze to clean.

Even after four weeks of grime they just wipe right off.

Clear fronts, sides and crystal rears will make the car look years younger.

Mmmmmmmm M-par dish. Welcome to the club.....dont worry about Paul, he's jealous as hell :finger:

Are those the regular tyre sizes for a 5er with 18's ?

You sure love your canubara wax eh Martyn!

Nice car Emma... I definately like those wheels... mmm...