Sign in to follow this  
melowpuf

Your opportunity to own an E34 V12 550i

Just gauging interest at this stage as I have aquired another donor 750iL and I am contemplating what to do with it..

I understand it is not everyones cup of tea but someone may want a bit of an upgrade on their E34. Having pretty much thoroughly enjoyed driving every km in my E34 V12, I thought someone else may want to have a m70 V12 transplanted into theirs.

I have been trying to attend as many track days as I can in mine and all I can say is its a hell of a lot of fun and I cant get out often enough. Its not blindingly quick but it gives alot of late model v8's a good run for their money and can get you away from the riff raff on track days pretty easily with grand dads auto gear box. My gearbox is pretty unstressed as I drive quite carefully on the track as I do NO transbraking with it (I would much rather replace my brake pads than the trans). Can look at a manual conversion which i am currently working on making an adaptor kit for the M70's.

Having done the conversion, I know the effort involved and to be honest there is quite a bit of fiddly work.

To do the conversion properly.. the entire loom from headlights to tail lights needs to be transferred which involves removal of entire interior including dashboard and possibly heater units aswell depending on year of car.

The proposal here is a full conversion using the entire drive line from an E32 750iL (Engine, Transmission, Diff, Front Brakes) into an E34, returned to the owner Fully Certified and with a new WoF.

If there is any serious interest flick me a PM. Otherwise I am quite happy to start building another one for myself as a highway cruiser and turn my existing one into a dedicated track mobile.. (Open class rules will be carefully examined as there may be a way in)

Here are some links to my youtube clips of some of the track days I've been to so far.

-Creavers 540i/6 having a play

Edited by melowpuf

Awesome.

For those interested - his car goes VERY well with the auto!

Good luck

I enjoyed reading the build thread, and in no doubt if anyone wanted a V12 put into a E34 this man is the one to call.

It's about 6 months too early for me, I live 15 mins from manfeild.

talk to brendan , he has a spare 525i touring sitting there waiting for a good transplant

). Can look at a manual conversion which i am currently working on making an adaptor kit for the M70's.

what manual trans would be suitable?.Not allowing for the recipient car what ballpark figure would you be looking at?

what manual trans would be suitable?.Not allowing for the recipient car what ballpark figure would you be looking at?

The conversion price - depends how many bells and whistles you want to add while the engine is making its way into the engine bay.. There are some maintenance things I would recommend doing while the engine is out of the car (I ended up doing them after a couple of months of driving it and thought hrmm that would have been alot easier to do out of the car),

If you are serious then I suggest you contact me through PM and we can discuss details further.

Admirable Lance, hope the second conversion goes according to plan!

I am more optimistic about the seond.. now that I know exactly whats involved in the conversions, should be able to do in half the time.. with all of the lessons learned from the first.

There could be a couple more roaming round the track days in the near future.. Nothing like screaming round the track with the aircon going to keep you cool :) I wonder how much power it actually sucks