Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Pretty...

lookie what i picked up today......

will hopefully put these in on weekend. along with replacing clutch MC.....my one died. And taking gbox off again to fix bloody oil leak. Fun. Really.

post-6-1112761544.jpg

hope thats oil leeking, not power steering fluid, re chroming is expensive

def oil

coming out of bellhousing, i think i know what the prob is

if PS fluid starts leaking, its back to manual rack for me

i thought i did....i think i f**ked up

or else i need to replace the sump gasket, so will be needing something to lift the engine....fun!

What are these? Theres 6 of them.. and Gus's car is a 6 cyl...

Thats about as much as i can figure out.

haha they brake hoses emma, braided stainless steel instead of rubber.

for better control of brakes instead of that mushy feeling with 15yo rubber bits

two for front calipers, two for rear calipers and two to connect over the rear trailing arm

Guest Andrew

they look pretty well made - come with a certificate?

I'll get mine soon also - cept my sh*t is annodized orange!

I got the black ones too. Gus, whats the phone number, hopefully mine are ready too.

Cheers

be very interested in results, let us know.

I have the typical spongy e30 brakes. I have uprated pads, which cut out fade, but whenever i drive a jappa, i almost skid the first few times i break.

oh yeah, where'd you get em and how much?

Edited by m325i

be very interested in results, let us know.

I have the typical spongy e30 brakes. I have uprated pads, which cut out fade, but whenever i drive a jappa, i almost skid the first few times i break.

oh yeah, where'd you get em and how much?

A group of us got them custom made at some place at Mt Wellington (I have no idea where, I didn't arrange them - just jumped in on the order).

The cost is $320 for the set.

They were supposed to be finished a fair while ago, but were delayed because the fittings were late arriving.

You can get them in basically any colour, I just chose black (same as Gus') as it makes them less conspicious.

Apparently there is some issue with some stainless steel hoses, and you will have problems at WOF time, but these are coming with a certificate (as well the tags on the hoses themselves) stating that they meet all the relevant standards etc.

Out of interest, what pads have you got, and how have you found them? Where did you get them from?

Cheers

I cant actually remember the brand. I think they are italian or some european brand. (I do remember they had an extensive/quality website).

Got them from Woottons (my parents part owners). obviously at cost, they were around $150 i think.

They are good, and improved braking, but i still don't rate the e30 brakes.

$320, ouch.

I understood you have to have braided hoses certified. I reckon youd be sweet with those black ones, the look stock

the place is alert engineering grant, dont have number on me

they come with a certificate, that is if WOF people actually notice. the certificate has the build number which is replicated on the hoses....they look very well made

andy, its not anodising, just a plasticcy sorta layer that has been bonded to the hoses, so not sure if yours will be orange...should be though

looking forward to having em on

Spongy brakes.....no more just fit some great big custom brakes and a 25mm MC easy.. :D