Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Great Service - Highly Recommended !

The ABS / Traction Control lights have been coming up on my 530i , seemed to be when the car was warm and left sitting, so I guess heat was coming off the exhaust manifold and causing dry solder joins in the ABS module to fault.

A quick Google and look thru BMW forums seemed to confirm this, especially for the M54 engine.

So, I took the ABS module off and sent it up to Anything Electronic in Nelson on Monday

They recieved it Tuesday, and late Tuesday I got an email from them to say that they had repaired the unit, and since it was under warranty, it was no charge :D :D

Obviously, the car dealer I bought the car off must have already had the unit serviced.

But what great service and honesty !! If they had charged me, I would have been none the wiser!

Unit arrived back this morning, yet to be fitted to car and tested, but they said they fopund a fault, so here's hoping no more dash lights B)

If you need module repairs, I would certtianly recommend them :

Anything Electronic

They are 'Trade Only' so you need to send units to them via a workshop.

Very interesting, looks like theyre up with most CAN BUS controller technology.

I notice they do some of the stuff ive done before too :D gm5 door locks and window relays etc.

We use them frequently at work, they are generally very good at diagnosing/fixing