Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

E46 318i N42B20 trouble :S

Hey guys. my mates E46 318i has its check engine light on, which has come on since he got the car an oilchange at pitstop. so i checked the oil as the first thing and its above the top mark on the dipstick by quite a way. Is this likely to be the cause of the check engine light coming on?

Also how much oil does an N42B20 take? Its automatic if that makes a difference

Thanks, from a very worried friend!

Andy best thing to do mate is get it scanned as soon as possible to find out what its throwing out.

Hey guys. my mates E46 318i has its check engine light on, which has come on since he got the car an oilchange at pitstop. so i checked the oil as the first thing and its above the top mark on the dipstick by quite a way. Is this likely to be the cause of the check engine light coming on?

Also how much oil does an N42B20 take? Its automatic if that makes a difference

Thanks, from a very worried friend!

Get it scanned and reduce the oil to the correct level. The N42B20 takes 4.25-4.5 Litres of oil

Im going to run my scanner over it this arvo. the guys told him they put 4.5Liters in, but if thats how much they usually take, id say there is 5-5.5L in there