Sign in to follow this  
ler4_war

How to put 6.5" on a E36

does anyone have an idea on how to D.I.Y a 6.5" front speakers. would like to replace my 5.25" with a 6.5". any pictures that you can post? thanks!!!!!!!!!!!1

Cut a hole in the door card and use a small wood spacer to pack it out? E36's use kickpanel speakers too, right?

I replaced the speakers in the footwell of my E36 coupe with a pair of 5 1/4" Nacamichis. Don't ask me the model number but they do have a very large magnet for their size. These speakers are kickass almost to the point that they are almost as good as the sub. This saves the problem of cutting into the steel work of the car and compromising it's structure.

Have you got a particular speaker in mind or something?

Imo, just buy higher quality fronts & amplify them.

I do have an mono amp with a 15" sub, but the front speakers i have are stock. and i think it will be much more louder to buy a 6.5". and if im going to replace my 5.25" with another 5.25", do you reckon any brand which has a very good SQ (sound quality) but yet powerful.. thanks :)

I put JVC CS-FS60 16cm front speakers and components into my e36 with very little modifications. The speakers fit into the hole sweet, only had to modify the speaker cover. It looks factory and you cannot see the speakers.

perfect!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I put JVC CS-FS60 16cm front speakers and components into my e36 with very little modifications. The speakers fit into the hole sweet, only had to modify the speaker cover. It looks factory and you cannot see the speakers.

i believe the inifinty 5.25" speakers (link above) are more powerful than those of the JVC CS-FS60, but ofcourse the inifinty is quite expensive. but yeah nice to know that only the speaker cover had to be modified,, got any pics bro?

I do have an mono amp with a 15" sub, but the front speakers i have are stock. and i think it will be much more louder to buy a 6.5". and if im going to replace my 5.25" with another 5.25", do you reckon any brand which has a very good SQ (sound quality) but yet powerful.. thanks :)

Look into brands like Rainbow, DLS. Remember that a properly installed 5.25 will play lower and sound better than a poorly installed 6.5.

I have to recommend against using Driving Sound Mt Eden. The stunt they pulled on a friend bordered on fraudulence. They put those JVC FS60 components in his car and I would rate them as some of the worst speakers I've ever had the misfortune of listening to.

How can you blame them for supplying poor quality speakers? Did your friend ask for something different? If you're just using them to purchase speakers they are fine to deal with & good value.

How can you blame them for supplying poor quality speakers? Did your friend ask for something different? If you're just using them to purchase speakers they are fine to deal with & good value.

The JVC FS60 are plain rubbish, no fault of Driving Sound Mt Eden.

Friend went in there for a new headie, as old headie should have been on display in Motat. Left front speaker wasn't working. DS change headie and tell him that front speakers were completely munted and so install the JVC fronts instead. Friend doubts this so demands front speakers back, then pays bill and leaves. Brings "munted" speakers to me. The speakers were in immaculate condition and full working order; hardly surprising since I'd fitted them brand new the previous week !!! So basically these clowns lied to him to get a sale, and I guess the "munted" speakers would have been sold on for some more $$$ in the salesman's/manager's pocket.

I should also mention the substandard workmanship and complete laziness of the installer, but suffice it to say I'd rather fry my testicles on the oven hotplate than step through the door of Driving Sound Mt Eden.