Sign in to follow this  
hsuppan

Reflash 41.1 ECU with 40.1

Hello,

I live in Bali / Indonesia and try to help a friend with an E36 320i 1994.

His car is not running, the ECU got water during a heavy rainstorm and some of the copper corroded so I think it is beyond repair. I managed to get another ECU from eBay (did not know about differences from 40.1 to 41.0) and figured out the 41.0 has EWS and cannot be used on this car without modification.

There is no help from local BMW dealer. (They want to sell a new ECU, and the price is probably above the value of the car...)

I read somewhere in this forum that a reflash might be possible to load the older firmware. Can someone give me some hints if that is possible and what I might need to do that. (Interface, Software, data file)

Thank you and best greetings from Bali!

The old ECU is 5WK9002 DME MS40.1

the new ECU is 5WK9022 DME MS41.0

BTW., if somebody has an 40.1 ECU that would fit I would be interested to buy that...

We can re flash it for you

The only issue that i can foresee is hardware and software checksums, cant remember on those ecu's.

Easiest thing would to be the right ecu overseas and install it

Free shipping within New Zealand

Thank you, that is a very good price. Would you know what the difference between 5WK9003 and 5WK9002 is?

(I don't think the car has a catalytic converter...)

Within 40.1 are there also differences in the Siemens box or is it just the code? I would like to try and buy the ECU und use the chip from the original ECU...

Thank you, that is a very good price. Would you know what the difference between 5WK9003 and 5WK9002 is?

(I don't think the car has a catalytic converter...)

Within 40.1 are there also differences in the Siemens box or is it just the code? I would like to try and buy the ECU und use the chip from the original ECU...

Hi..I have sent ECUs to the USA, its not very expensive so to Indo won't be much. How has the surf been over there??

Send me a PM if you are interested in the ECU..cheers