Sign in to follow this  
bmpower

What size tyres will work?

I have some 16x8 wheels coming with an offset of 20. These are going on a prefl e30 with lowered springs and 51mm struts - its not dragging on the ground low...!

Question is who's run what size tyres on wheels of the same or similar spec?

How wide can i go in the front and rear without arch work?

Probably looking at a staggered set up along the lines of 205x50x16 front adn 225x45x16 rear....

Opinions??

I have some 16x8 wheels coming with an offset of 20. These are going on a prefl e30 with lowered springs and 51mm struts - its not dragging on the ground low...!

Question is who's run what size tyres on wheels of the same or similar spec?

How wide can i go in the front and rear without arch work?

Probably looking at a staggered set up along the lines of 205x50x16 front adn 225x45x16 rear....

Opinions??

They are the correct plus sizes to go to from OE spec. When we had our 16's in stock we generally ran a 7" at the front and 8" at the rear. we didn't seem to have any issues with guard rubbing. I think you may have to give your guards a light rolling at the front but the back should be ok. Perhaps other members will be able to correct me if I am wrong :)

my pfl coupe with 15x8 with 225x50x15 on the rear rub ever so slightly with a full load on sport lows, the 205x50x15s on the front have no issues with clearance. they also look a little nice with the ever so slight stretch

I run 16x8 with a 0 offset and have 205/45/16, no rubbing at front, and i just flared my guards at the back to fit them under.

But with higher rear pfl arches and a 20offset you'd probly get away with minimal guard work with that size tyre

Thanks for feedback!

Does anyone have any pics to go with the above posts?

Cheers!

On the subject of tyres, how much stretch could you get away with, with a 205,55,15? I have a set and was wondering on what widths they would be ok ie 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9? This is for an e30 btw.

8" Rims

Front - With 205x50x15

Posted Image

Rear - 225x50x15

Posted Image

Edited by Phatputer

Ive got 215/40's on my 16x8's offset 25 with 15mm spacers. My car sits pretty low with all guards rolled and it doesnt rub.

From looking at the above i should be safe with 205x50x16 front, and 225x45x16 rear with little or no arch work. Worst case i can run 205's at the back as well or maybe even 215 all round.

Will update in due course....!!

Thanks for the help guys!

have found E30s pretty good with wearing big setups, but it depends on your suspension. I had 205/50 on my hartge 16x7.5s and they rubbed in the front on tired kings and had it shocks. i now run 205/55R16 (yes huge tyres!) on same rims, and they dont rub at all with my new (and bigger drop) suspension setup. so theres something to keep in mind. gaurd rolling is helpfull, but seem to be more ways to counter it than the obvious