Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

run flats...

The 120D has run flat tyres.The ride on good roads is very nice but on uneven surfaces its harsh,much worse than the 535 with its 45 profile tyres and stiff swaybars....Are the rims for these tyres normal rims or a special shape?.?

Run Flat rims are different to normal rims however a run flat rim will accept a standard tyre. If you do decide to change, just make sure you get a can of tyre repair (Slime, Pando or similar) to put in the boot in case you get a puncture :)

Run Flat rims are different to normal rims however a run flat rim will accept a standard tyre. If you do decide to change, just make sure you get a can of tyre repair (Slime, Pando or similar) to put in the boot in case you get a puncture :)

good call cos there is no room for a spare,unless i procure a space saver and lug that round!

My old 120i had runflats which we replaced with non- runflats and purchased from BMW a tyre pump/ liquid stuff kit in a nice little package.

However after getting rid of the runflats the car felt like it floated around a bit more and never quite felt as sharp on the road...

My old 120i had runflats which we replaced with non- runflats and purchased from BMW a tyre pump/ liquid stuff kit in a nice little package.

However after getting rid of the runflats the car felt like it floated around a bit more and never quite felt as sharp on the road...

Good to know, thanks for posting!

Cheers!

Hi all

My 120D almost needs a new set of rubber.

It's currently shod with Conti Premium Contact SSR 205/55 R16 91V tyres.

Anybody know where in Auckland I can get a deal on a set of four of the current incarnation of 205/55R16 Continental SSR tyres?

Has anybody here experienced Tyre City Newmarket?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all

My 120D almost needs a new set of rubber.

It's currently shod with Conti Premium Contact SSR 205/55 R16 91V tyres.

Anybody know where in Auckland I can get a deal on a set of four of the current incarnation of 205/55R16 Continental SSR tyres?

Has anybody here experienced Tyre City Newmarket?

Thanks in advance.

We can get them for you :)

I am not at work today but will be back tomorrow and can send you a price then

cheers