Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Homelink Garage Door Opener

I want to integrate my garage door opener to my 530i, so I am looking for a Homelink UGDO panel.

I know the unit will not work in NZ due to our doors being different frequency than USA, but what I intend to do is modify the unit to operate my existing door remote, so really all I am after is the housing and switches, i do not need the circuitry to work, as I will be removing it !!

Does anyone have one of these by a longshot in a wrecked car ?? Johno, Brent, Ray ??

Thanks

post-2173-1292189307.jpg

I want to integrate my garage door opener to my 530i, so I am looking for a Homelink UGDO panel.

I know the unit will not work in NZ due to our doors being different frequency than USA, but what I intend to do is modify the unit to operate my existing door remote, so really all I am after is the housing and switches, i do not need the circuitry to work, as I will be removing it !!

Does anyone have one of these by a longshot in a wrecked car ?? Johno, Brent, Ray ??

Thanks

post-2173-1292189307.jpg

I did exactly this with my merlin remote which is now inside the roof cavity and wired to the buttons of the ugdo,Got the ugdo from ebay,works great, I left the merlin battery powered and just rerouted the button and led to the ugdo so i could pull it out if the car gets sold or we move house

I did this but without adding the buttons on my E46. I used my existing garage remote control and wired it into the map light switch. Push the button once and door opens push it again and door closes.

Works a treat, Just solder shorted the micro switches to on and put a resistor and fuse inline to the power from the map light switch and bingo. All fits in behind where the interior and map lights are. No muss no fuss. :D

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....st&p=351061

Edited by M-Spec

I fitted one of these two or three years back. At the time of buying I was unaware of the different frequencies but but before fitting, I checked the frequency of our door. Was a fluke that it was the same frequency as the US spec UGDO - 3??? mhz - can't remember exactly. I THEN cut the hole to mount it.

Yep Greg - I would say it is a long shot - probably only mine & those above in the country.

Have you checked your door to confirm it is infact 433mhz?

I have found a 'faulty' unit in the States, so got it for 'reasonable' price.

I will just wire the switches to the circuit of my current remote. Luckily it is the later version that has illuminated switches too, so it will look factory :D :D

It is in transit now, will post once fitted.

Edited by camera doctor