Sign in to follow this  
master garion

how cheap would it have to be?

I have the opportunity to buy a 328i "cheaply". I have not seen the car in the flesh but have seen photos. What i know about it:

- valid wof and rego

- dying jatco trans

- ugly as 15" factory wheels

- needs new brake pads, possibly rotors

- body and interior in decent nick bar a small dent in one of the doors

- intermittent overheating problems in the last few months (cooling system overhaul needed like all E36s)

- sagging hoodlining (common obviously)

- owner knows nothing about cars/BMWs (possibly not serviced that well)

- possibly other problems not yet known?

Question is - how cheap does it have to be to warrant taking a risk on it? 1500? 1000?

Edited by master garion

Question is - how cheap does it have to be to warrant taking a risk on it? 1500? 1000?

If you can get it for that price, then buy it. If not, then tell me how to contact the seller and I will buy it. I can see a good profit here.

You should probably get a pre purchase inspection so you really know what you are getting yourself in for.

If you see the stack of receipts i've got for refreshing my car you might consider going for something nicer. But i've all ways wanted a like new car and banked on spending far to much money on it from the start. One day I might get there.

If you can get it for that price, then buy it. If not, then tell me how to contact the seller and I will buy it. I can see a good profit here.

Ahahahahahaha - Legend, the businessman of the year - only because I was going to say the same thing - @ a grand with REG/WOF it doesn't really matter what it's like tranny wise.

Manual conversion....... as long as it's not going to do a head gasket. I'd seriously rock on and rape the jatco 'till it explodes.