Sign in to follow this  
brujito82

after a little elbow grease

Recently purchased this car from a member on this forum (i think), only just got some time to do paint correction. Still not happy with it so will do it in a couple of months when i get back from overseas....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by brujito82

Dylan's?

Looks hot though, nice work.

yeah it was Dylan - The paint looks good until you get it under the UV light, nothing bad just light scratches from when it was previously washed, the product i was using was rubbish... getting Adams products soon :D

That looks mint!

Nice job man!

What do u use? ^_^

What i used was Mothers products, I usually use Adams but couldnt source them...

simple wash - 2 bucket wash twice

foam gun shower

clay bar while still wet

Adams green wheel cleaner

Adams general cleaner

Scratch and Haze remover using Adams pads on a orbital polisher x 3 passes

Polish x 2 passes

wax x 1 pass

I would def use Adams, I dont do that many passes normally

Edited by brujito82

I've searched on the forum for this Question, but what products do you guys mostly use to clean, detail or correct your cars???

I was a huge user of Meguiars, but now use Adams...

Mother's. Havn't actually heard of Adams. Fairly sure there is a thread in the General section about this. I'll have a look for you. Nice car, btw!

Edit:

It's gone

Edited by Tristan

If anything caused scratches/swirl marks it would have been the scratch remover on the orbital polisher. You have to be very careful when using those, especially when you should really use different grades of buffer polish for each pass and know what your doing with the orbital polisher. With a car that new I would be doing it all by hand.

we all know of my bros detailing thread :) - http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....c=21747&hl=

If anything caused scratches/swirl marks it would have been the scratch remover on the orbital polisher. You have to be very careful when using those, especially when you should really use different grades of buffer polish for each pass and know what your doing with the orbital polisher. With a car that new I would be doing it all by hand.

we all know of my bros detailing thread :) - http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....c=21747&hl=

the swirl marks on there weren't from me, they were from washing the car with dirt still on the sponge... I have 4 pads with different grades, this isn't my first car that i do a paint correction on. When i get some product ill take some before and after shots under teh UV light...

I guarantee you get your bros car under uv light and you will see scratches and swirl marks (if done by hand), very light scratches...

some pics of a previous job:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by brujito82