Sign in to follow this  
GerryAttrick

BRAIDED FRONT BRAKE LINES FOR E36 - RECOMMENDATIONS

The E36 just failed a WOF and needs new front brake lines. I thought of trying stainless braided lines and wonder if anyone who has them fitted can tell me if they are worth the trouble.

The car has ABS so I'd like to know the best place to pick up a set.

I was going to fit them myself but I see that you need to "Carry out brake bleeding only after opening ABS Hydraulic System first". Is this a simple task or should I leave it to the "experts" - I have bled non-ABS systems plenty of time before without a problem

I'll have a search around for more info on the procedure as I have some time between now and 10 January when I go back to work.

Meanwhile any info welcome

I've got some old brake lines if you want them.

Otherwise I got some from alert motorsport. I found them good to deal with.

I'd tell you yes it's easy to bleed brakes but I don't want to feel responsible if something goes wrong

I brought goodridge braided lines. They really good and dont require cert, they are a set front and rear. Might as well replace both.

I've got some old brake lines if you want them.

Otherwise I got some from alert motorsport. I found them good to deal with.

I'd tell you yes it's easy to bleed brakes but I don't want to feel responsible if something goes wrong

I have no problems bleeding brakes - I'm just not sure if there are any tricks with ABS

I'll take your old ones if you don't need them -that way I can get the car going again and pick up some stainless later and install them

I'll be in Hamilton Xmas Day so could grab them then.

Give me a ring on 021-2779900 if that suits you. We can sort a time place anD $$ THEN.

I brought goodridge braided lines. They really good and dont require cert, they are a set front and rear. Might as well replace both.

Who did you get them from ? Local or overseas?

Do they make much difference to new standard lines?

i got mine just off trademe, im not sure but they braking is more positive. Its hard to tell the improvments as i replaced the rotors and pads at the same time.

Who did you get them from ? Local or overseas?

Do they make much difference to new standard lines?

The E36 just failed a WOF and needs new front brake lines. I thought of trying stainless braided lines and wonder if anyone who has them fitted can tell me if they are worth the trouble.

The car has ABS so I'd like to know the best place to pick up a set.

Got mine from USA, do the front and back at the same time.

I felt the difference firm pedal

I was going to fit them myself but I see that you need to "Carry out brake bleeding only after opening ABS Hydraulic System first". Is this a simple task or should I leave it to the "experts" - I have bled non-ABS systems plenty of time before without a problem

I have bleed my brakes a number of times for different reasons and have never opened up the ABS system.

I'll have a search around for more info on the procedure as I have some time between now and 10 January when I go back to work.

Meanwhile any info welcome