Sign in to follow this  
E30_318i

wet floor

Yea today after cleaning the car both the driver side and passenger side floors was wet, moreso in the passenger, it looks to be running down the firewall and the corner of the trans tunnel then forming up at the bottom, on the passenger side anyway.

At first I thought it was collant from the heater, but haven't had that on for about 3 weeks, and its been dry up to today.

I read on another forum that it could be due to water tracks being blocked in the sunroof area? I can't see that causing water to leak from behind the dash/firewall though.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

leaking screen???

my ae86 sed to have this problem, but only on the passenger side... tuned out to be the sunroof drain pipes, they werent blocked, just didnt go into the sill far enough, so would kinda spill over.....

my van screen leaks, should get it fixed.... got a few chips tho... hmm glass cover *smashes screen* :mosh:

Not sure on the 5's but check that the drain hole below the windscreen isn't blocked blocked.

Next you'll have to pull up your carpets and check for rust in your firewall...is quite common but very annoying.

I had this prob every time I washed my e30. was the drain hole below the windscreen that emerges in the engine bay on the drivers side from the firewall that was blocked allowing water to fill up below the windscreen wipers and enter through the aircon vents.

As it was always dry there before, I didn't thoroughly check for rust as cam advises, but I have had the dash out and didn't see anything then, so should be sweet.

Annoying, but easy fix.

Presumably e34s are similar.

as cam said the 5s have sunroof drains that if blocked cause water to pool on the floor....a fine fishing line is supposed to be the way to try an clear em....

i,ve got the same prob but in the boot, as many e30

owners will know, wen the car it on a slight downward slope

water builds up in the gutters around the boot and has no

drain hole to let it out!

So it just dribbles it into your boot. <_<

Anyone have a solution for this?

Cheers all, will have a look in the weekend.

i,ve got the same prob but in the boot, as many e30

owners will know, wen the car it on a slight downward slope

water builds up in the gutters around the boot and has no

drain hole to let it out!

So it just dribbles it into your boot. 

Anyone have a solution for this?

My old E30 had a leak from the tail light. I think the foam seal around it was f**ked.

I,ve seen it sitting there, it fills rite up wen I wash her.