Sign in to follow this  
ben_d

'92 e32 740i with Hartge wheels

Hi all, I won an auction for another car on TradeMe last night, and I will get in BIG trouble if I don't sell one!

I have a '92 740i with some Hartge mods on it. Apparently this was Jerry Claytons own drive car when it was new, and he had Guido (his service manager at the time) fit the lowered suspension, Hartge 16" alloys and do some fiddling with the engine management to get more power out of it (this is the story I was told by the previous owner).

I have all of the service history from new, it was serviced first by Jerry Clayton BMW, then later on by Locher European / BMWorkshop. Has a sunroof, towbar and all of the other goodies usually fitted to the top end models. It has done just under 200,000km, interior is in good condition; grey leather, outside needs a good wash.

The car has been sitting for a while because it has an ATF leak out of the transmission output shaft seal, I think. I haven't had it up on the hoist to have a good look where it is coming from- the leak is at the rear end of the gearbox. I keep buying cars instead of fixing the ones I have got! :blink: The battery has died since it has been sitting, so it will probably need a new one.

I am looking for offers around $2000, but I need to move it quick so make me an offer!

These pics are from TradeMe when I bought it so are a few years old now, the car still looks the same, just a bit dirty.

post-4461-1294776504.jpgpost-4461-1294776439.jpg[attachm

ent=35029:74309358_full.jpg]post-4461-1294776487.jpg

post-4461-1294776479.jpg

post-4461-1294776499.jpg

Edited by ben_d

If anyone is interested in having a look, please give me a call on (021) 259 9837. Cheers, Ben.

definatly interested Ben,but like you-have too many cars on the yard

hope it sells soon

Hiya,

Does the car have any other issues you're aware of....leaking coolant, engine oil, rough gear changes etc?

Hiya,

Does the car have any other issues you're aware of....leaking coolant, engine oil, rough gear changes etc?

It did drive fine, the gearbox had been serviced by the previous owner before I got it, engine runs well. I replaced the radiator as it had a cracked hose fitting on the plastic tank. Hopefully I might get a chance to replace the seal this weekend. The battery is on charge at the moment, but I am not sure if it will charge up or not.

De-Reg?

That was question 2, has it got reg/wof, if not would it pass? would it need new reg or re-vin?

That was question 2, has it got reg/wof, if not would it pass? would it need new reg or re-vin?

Reg on hold, should pass a WOF. If I get it fixed this weekend I will get a WOF and reg for it, but of course price will go up.