Sign in to follow this  
m325i

You brake geeks

You guys that got those flash new brake lines, how are they? havent heard any reports?

really good.....when you got your foot up it, theres a point where instead of feeling squish, just more pressure is applied.....i like em

should noticed it more on the track though

And I am yet to put mine in, as I need a car before I can install them, and I won't be seeing my car for a fair while yet.

But when I eventually get my car back (with its re-built motor), I'll let you know.

Cheers

dont rebuild! seriously.....2nd hand 325i will have 90% of the performance.....but you have picked up the lines?

with its re-built motor

Did it have a melt down?

Full rebuild?

By Who?

How Much?

Why not scrap and buy new car?

Did it have a melt down?

Full rebuild?

By Who?

How Much?

Why not scrap and buy new car?

not melt down, more an internal rumble.

I rushed it into the BM Workshop, and they got straight onto it, and eliminated all of the obvoius (and cheap) possibilities.

They have pulled out my engine and it is now at Taylors Automotive (they are the experts at engine rebuilds). I will find out first thing tomorrow what the actual problem is, and go from there.

But it is most likely that I have had big end bearing failure, and that the crank is slighlty damaged. (the engine still went fine, but the noise wasn't very good).

If that is the case, then I will get that sorted, and get the crank balanced and the flywheel lightened at the same time. I will also most likely put a lumpier cam in too, most likely a 272 degree one.

The reason why I didn't just dispose of the whole car is that apart from the engine, and body the whole caris like new (new suspension, new recon gearbox, reasonably recent rebuilt diff, new recon steering rack, newish bushings, new engine monts etc). Also reasonable 2.7 builds aren't an everyday occurance, so in my opinion it is worth getting this one sorted properly.

Cheers

Grant

So you are getting 2.7? Sweet.

Where you gettting the Cam from> $$$?

So you are getting 2.7? Sweet.

Where you gettting the Cam from> $$$?

I already had a 2.7 (but never a proper ECU for it).

I'll talk to Taylors about the cam tomorrow.

I'll let you know the costs as soon as I know.

What I do depends on the extent of the damage, and the cost to repair.

Cheers

Grant

Any reports on how good these are yet? (Brake lines)

I actually haven't got them yet.

Last time I rung them they still weren't ready (about 3 weeks ago). The guy promised to ring me when they were done, but I have not heard back yet.

I'm in no real hurry, I'll get them in time for the August JBL track day, if I don't hear back before then.

However, Gus picked up opne of the first sets, and was suitably impressed I think (but he is the best to comment).

Cheers

Grant

call them g unit..they useless like that

they are good....take a lot of squish out of the braking process...really that the best way to describe them....and not any more expensive than a set of stock ones so cant go wrong..on a 15 YO plus car they prob still have the originals in, and rubber doesnt like years