Sign in to follow this  
Tiddlywinks

Service in Dunedin

Hi, failed a WOF because of the Airbag light staying on ( a 2002 325ti), is BMW Dunedin my only option for getting a scan done and the actual problem identified? - logic says it is the sensor mat but have read there can be other causes for the light coming on - bloke at testing station suggested getting a system scan and having it reset.

Possibly the plug for the seat mat sensor under the seat, they can come loose, in which the light will still need to be cleared or it could need a modified tensioner wiring loom for either front seats. better off taking it to the people who have training on these vehicles.

Possibly the plug for the seat mat sensor under the seat, they can come loose, in which the light will still need to be cleared or it could need a modified tensioner wiring loom for either front seats. better off taking it to the people who have training on these vehicles.

Thanks Greg, while I still need to have the "scan" done to find out whats going on, today the light is out so got my WOF, I'm guessing that since it comes and goes so to speak then the problem may be other than the sensor pad being faulty - I'm thinking sensor pad will be the most expensive fix.

Thanks Greg, while I still need to have the "scan" done to find out whats going on, today the light is out so got my WOF, I'm guessing that since it comes and goes so to speak then the problem may be other than the sensor pad being faulty - I'm thinking sensor pad will be the most expensive fix.

A scan will still be needed yes, common for the light to go on and off. I think the seat mat sensors are fairly pricey.

For a relatively rare car like a 325ti I would go see the dealer?

Or try European Auto Services on Jutland Street.

For a relatively rare car like a 325ti I would go see the dealer?

Or try European Auto Services on Jutland Street.

Thanks for that antil33t I'm leaning towards going to BMW