Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Some advice on some new feet.

Shortly (some time in the next six months) I want to put new feet on the car. Now i know absolutely nothing about tyres so any help would be grateful. It still has the same feet on it when I bought it which are dragon 225/45 zr 17 91w. I am looking at something middle of the road really as it is my daily driver but I have been know on odd occasions to push the pedal heavily when on a trip so something with a bit of grip to would be great.

Shortly (some time in the next six months) I want to put new feet on the car. Now i know absolutely nothing about tyres so any help would be grateful. It still has the same feet on it when I bought it which are dragon 225/45 zr 17 91w. I am looking at something middle of the road really as it is my daily driver but I have been know on odd occasions to push the pedal heavily when on a trip so something with a bit of grip to would be great.

Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001s are a good wet/dry compromise, and will also

stand being pushed around Manfield. The last ones I bought were $225 each, you should be able to find them cheaper, as the price is dropping.

Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001s are a good wet/dry compromise, and will also

stand being pushed around Manfield. The last ones I bought were $225 each, you should be able to find them cheaper, as the price is dropping.

Yea +1, Excellent all round tire IMO, Cant speak for the track bit but in terms of a road tire there good.

Also take a look at the Toyo C1S. It has been designed for European vehicles and we have been selling a lot, putting them on everything from an E55 AMG Merc through to a Mini. It suits what you are looking for perfectly as it is nice and quiet, offers great grip levels and tens to wear very well.

Just remeber when you looking for prices now, they probably will not be the same in 6 months time as stock levels decrease and replensihed pricing changes. You wil probably also find they may be more expensive in 6 months time as raw materials are increasing dramatically at the moment. :)

Personally, I think they are a better tyre than the RE001.

Edited by zenetti

I run adrenalins on my E39 and they are good I also run RE050's on my E36 ( 225/45/17 on the front) and they are better for about the same money.

The Pirelli Nero is available some times for silly money in that size , I was quoted $800 for a set unfortunately they do not do them in a 245/40 / 17 which I need for the rear.

The C1 is a barge tyre so unless you tootle around at 50k avoid them.

$800 for a set of Neros? That's stupidly cheap! Have you ever run with Eagle F1s? Wondering how different they are to Adrenalins? Grip wise.

The C1 is a barge tyre so unless you tootle around at 50k avoid them.

Jase

I have Toyo C1S as recommended by Jono on my E39. Nothing barge like whatsoever so makes me wonder what 3pedals was driving when he tested them ....

Mike

Edited by mtk540

Jase

I have Toyo C1S as recommended by Jono on my E39. Nothing barge like whatsoever so makes me wonder what 3pedals was driving when he tested them ....

Mike

Don't worry about 3pedals.. he is just pushing his Bridgestone/Pirelli wheelbarrow.. it makes me wonder if he has a vested interest in them ... After all he is NZ's pre-eminent tyre tester :lol:

Jase did ask for a daily tyre... not an out and out performance tyre. I garnered from that, that he he would want something that would last a reasonable amount of time, be quiet and offer good grip levels.. hence the recommendation of the C1S.

bridgestone Adrenalines have my vote

I've got RE001's on the E39 540i and the E30 325i..never lost grip on me unless i've caused it on purpose.. wet grip seems to be pretty good also

I put the Toyos on the front of the 'forty (as recommended by Jono), they're pretty sweet.

Cheers everyone, Gonna head out and about in the next couple of week and do some pricing.

Have you ever run with Eagle F1s? Wondering how different they are to Adrenalins? Grip wise.

I have Eagle F1 on my e46 (225/45/17 front, 245/40/17 rear), they are now just over half worn (3-4mm tread left) and quite noisy at this point. I will think about that C1S as quietness is pretty high on my list too.

I can't compare to other tyres for performance as I haven't had anything else on this car before.

I've got eagle F1s at the moment (second set), they are fantastic grip wise, especially in the wet, just wondering how they compare to Adrenalins?