Sign in to follow this  
allan

pre-purchase Christchurch

Hi! could some one from Christchurch give me the names of places they would consider getting a pre-purchase inspection done at. The only place that comes to mind is Jeff Gray but their must be others. Thank you

DCH Motorsport are very good and thorough. They'll do a 2 hour inspection for $140.

Also there is Kevin Burt Ltd on St Asaph Street.

The two mentioned are first two i'd consider.

JG or DHC are probably the two most qualified places to get it checked out.

Jeff Gray are approx $160 iirc.

I would go with JG , $160 -$180 is a small price to pay which could save you getting a money pit from the get go.

A good point a lemon would be the last thing I would want to purchase. A possible touchy point how impartial would the firm be if the vehicle was serviced and even sold by them from new. As I have had one bad experience with this where the owner was show the report first.

I would not have thought the owner would have any access to the report at all, If you are paying for it then its yours. Then it would be up to you to show what ever you wanted to the owner in the way of getting things fixed or having the price lowered.

In saying that though you can just ring JG here with a rego number and they will tell you what if any work had been carried out on said car without giving out details of the owners name of course.

Thank you for the rego idea I will give them a call and see what unfolds.