Sign in to follow this  
Jaydubs

Better late than never 1989 325i Tech 2

Longtime member (anyone remember Long bay BBQ anyone in like 2006?) but never posted.

Anyways, thought its about time.

NZ New Manual 1989 4 Door 325i, bout 200,000 kms on the clock - has been through a few changes, started life as a pretty standard low spec car - has had a rebuild but thats about it, mostly cosmetic mods, Recaro leather interior, leather gear knob, MTech kit, 17inch Alpina reps.

Anyway Heres some pics...

If I upload them properly.. no promises...

post-2855-1296354363.jpg

post-2855-1296354382.jpg

post-2855-1296354402.jpg

post-2855-1296354417.jpg

post-2855-1296354432.jpg

Edited by Jaydubs

You live on the shore right ? i think i picked up my dashboard off you a while ago.

That BBQ at Long Bay was good fun.

My fondest memory was the purpose built BBQ trailer that someone brought with them. I'll try and find some photos.

Great looking car!

I suspect that this is your car in the background in this photo from the Bimmersport BBQ at Long Bay, which was actually in 2004?

post-43-1296359117.jpg

Edited by Grant

Ahahaha Gus, and Vernons E30 in the background. I remember someone throwing a bottle at it one night in town when people still did that....

From the same BBQ. I think that all three of these E30's are now BMW race series race cars (at least 2 of the three are), I'm not sure of Dave's old 320

post-43-1296359839.jpg

Nice job - looks great. How did you get the black trim on the outside of the doors looking so good? Did you replace many parts in the restoration?

yep thats the old girl in the background... and we still have the BBQ trailer...

That BBQ at Long Bay was good fun.

My fondest memory was the purpose built BBQ trailer that someone brought with them. I'll try and find some photos.

Great looking car!

Ahahaha Gus, and Vernons E30 in the background. I remember someone throwing a bottle at it one night in town when people still did that....

They still do that .. :mellow:

Gorgeous car. Are you coming along today?

Nice job - looks great. How did you get the black trim on the outside of the doors looking so good? Did you replace many parts in the restoration?

to be honest, the black trim isn't the greatest, infact its next on the list... think the photos make it look alot better than it is.

and yep, alot of this car is new or replaced... i was having a laugh the other day thinking about how its pretty much a different car now to the one i bought its had so much replaced

saw this in december at my work area? were you doing something to it at amuseden panel and paint? down diana drive. thought it looked amazing in person

Thanks, Yep Mike was fixing up the kit, the front was pretty rough when i got it... would definately recommend Admunsen's for paint and panel work.

wow this car is nice. i saw the back of it friday night turning in milford . where to get 17 inch alpinas ?:)