Sign in to follow this  
DrphTa

Finally got pics

front: bit scuffed up coz cousin cant drive lol kidding, she hit a bump and it came off then she ran over it :drugs:

post-2-1114062030.jpg

and back...

post-2-1114062143.jpg

Edited by DrphTa

are those weaves 14 or 15?

sweet

u mean the wheels? i think there 14. just stock came with the car, but otherswise i wouldnt know

That's a nice car. Lives up West Tamaki. Let me know if you want to sell it sometime.

I had a chat with the driver one night. It'd be a nice toy. :D

hah yeh thats my cousin. shes short and a gangsta?

Let that silence the critics

318is = rare, only 10 in nz of which i've only seen two around wellywood

Why hasn't anyone moulded that front lip, I want one!

someone educate me about 318is please,and carl where do you get those figures for no of cars in NZ??

someone educate me about 318is please,and carl where do you get those figures for no of cars in NZ??

A 318is is simply a 318i with a M42 twin cam motor, kinda like a baby M3 which is a 2.3 twin cam 4.

The 318is pulls 136bhp which is bloody good chips when compared to the 320i which pulls 129bhp (motronic, L-Jet does 125) and the 323i which pulls 139bhp.

In addition to that they come with m325i running gear and the additional front lip. It's the only car to have that front lip apart from the Italian 320is if i'm not mistaken.

They are as rare as hens teeth in nz.

I get the figures from a gent I was talking to in JVille who has owned a 318is but sold it for a m325i about them. Their only appeal is that they're rarer than the M3 in nz and that they're really good runners.

Of course they're no where near as good as a m325i, which of course, he now has two of.

Edited by ///Carl

In addition to that they come with m325i running gear...

What part of it?!?!?

The gear box is different to a m325i.

They have a small case diff (should have a LSD though).

And everything else is the same as any other E30 (drum braked & 316's excluded).

What part of it?!?!?

And everything else is the same as any other E30 (drum braked & 316's excluded).

They have the 325i brakes and struts and should have lsd, case size not as important as the fact it's lsd. Point is, they run the better gear instead of the 318 stuff, which, as you pointed out uses drums on the rear - uber gay Edited by ///Carl

straight line to 100km

m325i vs 318is?

hehe

not sure - i know the E36iS is quicker than the 2.0 to 100Kmh.....

Edited by 318is

What part of it?!?!?

They have the 325i brakes and struts and should have lsd, case size not as important as the fact it's lsd. Point is, they run the better gear instead of the 318 stuff, which, as you pointed out uses drums on the rear - uber gay
All E30 brakes are the same size!! (except 316's which have solid fronts).

Case size is important as you found out when you got stuck in the middle of the road when your small case shat it's self!!

Just have a look on the US forums, guy's with 318iS's eat stock diffs when they give them a hard time.

With the exception of possibly a LSD & rear discs (optional) they are the same as any other 318.

Just like a m325i is no different to any other 325.

%95 of the difference for a m325i & 318iS (except the engine obviously), is purely cosmetic

straight line to 100km

m325i vs 318is?

The 325i has 170bhp with 222 Nm torque

The 318is has 136bhp with 172 Nm torque

Not sure of the weight difference but i'd say the 325i would kick arse, honestly couldn't tell you.

Guest Spargo

That is a sweet iS. Used to drive past it opposite Dilworth when I went to school.

Seen yo cousin driving it, what a gansta!

Also seen it parked near Flesh...

im sure 1N STYL could use his favourite adjective here

Edited by m325i

Nice car. Very cool

Did the M42 motor come in anything else? They'd all have the sports suspension, hows that different to the normal stuff? (other than the struts) is it just stiffer springs, shocks, swaybars, or more to it than that?. Also some of the normal 318's came with discs on the back while some 320 have drums. Lastly, the later 323i were 150hp.

That is a sweet iS. Used to drive past it opposite Dilworth when I went to school.

Seen yo cousin driving it, what a gansta!

lol yeh she used to drive it to work, not to sure about where she works now i think its a diff place...

Guest Andrew

straight line to 100km

m325i vs 318is?

The 325i has 170bhp with 222 Nm torque

The 318is has 136bhp with 172 Nm torque

Not sure of the weight difference but i'd say the 325i would kick arse, honestly couldn't tell you.

i'd crap myself if my engine had that little torque.

Even our cars on the dynos were making more than that sort of torque at the WHEELS. And those are flywheel figures.

Any 318.. (aside from one certain 318iS) would get destroyed by any 325.