Sign in to follow this  
Piechucker

Speakers in E36 Coupe

Hey guys

new to the forums, have only recently sold my toyota aristo and got a bmw 318is Coupe

Since getting the car i hvae started to install my stereo equipment into it, however in the kickpanels where im assuming the factory speakers were (car was speakerless when i bought it...) there is nothing but a big metal area with a hole in it, should there be something else here? something that the speakers bolt into?

At this stage im almost resigned to attatching the speakers to the kick panel itself but thought i would ask here first

All help appreciated!

Scott

Hey guys

new to the forums, have only recently sold my toyota aristo and got a bmw 318is Coupe

Since getting the car i hvae started to install my stereo equipment into it, however in the kickpanels where im assuming the factory speakers were (car was speakerless when i bought it...) there is nothing but a big metal area with a hole in it, should there be something else here? something that the speakers bolt into?

At this stage im almost resigned to attatching the speakers to the kick panel itself but thought i would ask here first

All help appreciated!

Scott

Yes there should be a small sound box made by Nokia... it would go below the metal panel you see if you'll take the speaker covers off. The size of the speakers in that box is fairly small, however the sound is great since they are 2ohm.

they have 5.25" speakers in the front foot well .

have plenty if needed.

and 4" speaker in boxes in the rear .

and some have tweeters in the front door cards and some also have midranges in the door cards

and some models have a factory amp mounted in the left rear of the boot behind the carpet

have in stock if needed.

cheers brent