Sign in to follow this  
KingPango

New member to forum. Looking forward to getting amoungst it all and eventually getting my hands on a BMW myself. Have always loved them, just never had the coin to support the intrest.

I'm slowly getting over the whole boy racer/fast car scene and moving towards the low and slow scene. Current car is only the lesser half of that comment lol.

Again, really looking forward to offically joining your forums (getting a BMW myself) and getting amoungst it all.

CHUR

Edited by Charlie Whittaker

welcome, you've made the right decision :)

do you have any particular model of beemer in mind that you like?

Edited by Wom

welcome, you've made the right decision :)

do you have any particular model of beemer in mind that you like?

Basiclly I love boxy styled cars (so naturally BMW's fall into place). I just think that boxy shapes just scream retro and ozze class (BMW's amplify the class factor).

Im currently looking at this:

526i Auto Sedan

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=352680773

I just want something that is a landwhale but a mean crusier. Eventually I would throw some nice 18s and possibly lowering. But for now that should saffice for a base to work with.

Ive got around 6.5 - 7 to spend. Im just worried about the whole changing the sounds over ordeal.

But I wil ask about that in the correct forum. Thanks for the reply :D

Cheers for that Alex. Super nice car you have too dude. Remember seeing your orginal new memeber post. My jaw hit the desk lol

This has a buy now of 6k and is being sold by the same seller as the one your looking at... leather interior, slightly higher k's...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-350374698.htm

And this one's nz new, leather and supposedly a good second motor - 7k buy now but open to offers...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-352116174.htm

Cheers for the links eh. I’m loving this support :)

BLACK DORIS

I took a gander at that black one. I was a huge fan of the leather but no sunroof and higher ks was the downer.

However that 2nd link you posted in pretty interested in. Only problem is I live in Wellington and don’t know anyone who lives in Napier.

Is there any way that I could get someone to check out the car for me? I’ve seen posts of people paying professionals to go and checkout cars before collection?

Mash

Love the shape, but not a fan of the interior. I was looking at something like that down here eh. Nice car by the way. Wagon is something different eh

Cheers all!

welcome charlie.

I'd highly recommend a 6cly e39 for the $ you are looking at, they are hard to beat in the value for money stakes.

Still look the biz even 15 years old, how many cars can you say that about?

Thanks for that Darren. Yeah that seems to be the way to go eh. Its just hard to find one that has everything I want.

I'll find something and it will almost always be something missing about it. Weither its a sunroof, interior type, or size. Grrrrrrrr, its driving me nuts lol.

I just want my bloody new car already. The ol Honda isnt cutting it anymore lol

Cheers for that Alex. Super nice car you have too dude. Remember seeing your orginal new memeber post. My jaw hit the desk lol

:) thanx Charlie, yea when i started looking at BMW i wanted a standard Blue 525i then i came across a 2.8L M-Sport at a great price wasnt the colour i wanted and didnt have sunroof or that TV/GPS Radio but it was in great condition and looked really amazing, that i just bought it, and im really happy with it.

If you want a e39 i would recommend going for the M-Sport ones. may cost a little bit more than the standard ones, but looks amazing

I fully understand that you went for that over anything else. Your car is simply stunning IMO (suttle enough that you sit there thinking: What has he done to it)

I've got my eye on a few out there eh but man (dont know if its just me) but I'm finding it next to impossible to find a M Spec 528i

Still cant get over yours though lol. Damn thats hot

Thanks Nick :D

Lol, yeah I'm loving them at the moment eh. Hopefully something will come through soon

Oh there’s nothing wrong with a bit of booooooBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA lol. However my licence would say otherwise lol. That’s a closed chapter of my life. BMW TIME!

CHUR

Lucan the Maori. Likes this.

Not having a go of course, but its all about how you modify your car, so you can have a car that goes bboooAAA and is styled as boyracer etc...for the most part this forum seems to apreciate tasteful mods, I'm sure you'll soon pick this up. Looking forward to seeing how yours' will turn out B)

Welcome.

Lol, CHUR. Its awesome that others can pickup on that yet others just have no idea what you mean lol

That’s a closed chapter of my life. BMW TIME!

I can't stress the above comment enough eh lol. Im really looking forwad to, as you perfectly worded, tastefully mod my new car

Thanks