Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Insurance help

Has anyone got any experiance in agruing over the value of Xbox/Playstation etc games after they have been stolen??

We are currently going through this with our insurance company at the moment for which they are wanting pay 'market' value instead of the actual price of what it costs to replace the item and who decides the market value even when the game is still on the shelves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

The "Market" decides the market value which I think means they check trade-me and offer you the cheapest price they find.

We got sweet F A for ours when it got stolen. They gave us enough to buy a second hand playstation (not new) and replace all the games second hand.

Also they only gave use $10 per CD maximum value which means they gave us $100 to replace $350 worth of CD's new.

Can try arguing but I doubt they will listen.

It may depend on your policy, if you have a extention for new replacement or only current market value. Market value is usually secondhand value or cost - depreciation for cash payout.

I'm going to have a thorough read through the policy tonight to clear things up but it all sounds like we are going to get screwed over. For the 20 games they have offered us $750. At least they are replacing the Xbox with brand new item.

I'm going to have a thorough read through the policy tonight to clear things up but it all sounds like we are going to get screwed over. For the 20 games they have offered us $750. At least they are replacing the Xbox with brand new item.

They dont tend to pay much for low cost items. The idea being people wont make a claim each and every time something is lost/stolen/broken. And your excess is usually more anyway.

I am not sure what those games are but 20 game for $750 is probably more than what you would have got as trade-in at EB. Take the money and buy some new & latests ones.

It may depend on your policy, if you have a extention for new replacement or only current market value. Market value is usually secondhand value or cost - depreciation for cash payout.

This ^^^ we have a new replacement policy with AA...