Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Sorta False advertising much?

What do you guys think?

Prado with 200 Series on pic...

Father inlaw is looking at a new Prado, they have some decent prices on the new VX model. Navigated to that site and has that promotion there but with a 200 Series Landcruiser in the picture!

bah, just being nit picky.

I'm sure if you were really interested you would have click on the trim option or brochure and seen what the Prado looks like, and you'd be in the yard test driving one before handing over that sort of coin on.

Not hitting the "Buy Now" based on a mountain top pic of an SUV....

IMO it's mis-leading - advertising something then having a picture of something else which is what that clearly is.

Ryan, remember that guy Winston. He pointed out the same thing. Was before this though.

When I was 15 working at a supermarket, an old guy came up to me blabbering on about false advertising. He led me to where this horrid, unforgivable act was taking place to discover 2 different brands of cheese, with different sizes, in the same drop-in fridge. The price of one brand was advertised in big floating (floating = supported by a rod) numbers, whilst the second brand only had the standard issue 15mm high price affixed to the edge of the fridge.

This man thought that all the cheese was the price of the cheaper advertised price because it was in the vicinity of a floating number. I did not agree, the managers did not agree. The man refused to ever shop at the supermarket ever again.

The moral of the story is:

When a picture of a landcruiser calmly negotiating rugged terrain without hassle is used to advertise some other landcruiser that is on sale, it is displaying the capabilities of the range of landcruisers. And that different cheese can be looked at while looking at the price of the other cheese. It makes prado buyers think big strong thoughts about heading up the rugged hills, off the tracks, and making it back without any mud on their shoes.

Having a Prado in the same setting would be false advertising. Fact.

Edited by Incary

Quality. I like the new and improved Henry. Although Prado’s are quite capable.

IMO it's mis-leading - advertising something then having a picture of something else which is what that clearly is.

I agree, there should be a picture of a Prado not a Full Fat Cruiser.

I would take a new Disco, Toyota’s are yuck.

who cares?

In my opinion it's mis-leading. Merely pointing this out, if you read my post my father inlaw is in the process of buying a brand new Prado and had a 200 series VX Landcruiser in the picture on the website and on the banner displayed at our local Toyota dealership.

Untrained people would perhaps think they are getting a 200 Series as a pose to a 150 series Prado.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

After a long debate with myself, I agree that it is false advertising. But it is a redundant point really, as it wouldnt actually 'lead' people into completing a sale on that basis. It is interesting actually how far you can go in advertising while still sheltering under the 'invitation to treat' and 'puff' shelters.

"..as a pose..."

Who taught you people on this site spelling and grammar?

After a long debate with myself, I agree that it is false advertising. But it is a redundant point really, as it wouldnt actually 'lead' people into completing a sale on that basis. It is interesting actually how far you can go in advertising while still sheltering under the 'invitation to treat' and 'puff' shelters.

Who taught you people on this site spelling and grammar?

This isn't good grammar yet

really, as it wouldnt actually 'lead' people

One who has 100% perfect spelling & grammar skills doesn't belong here and someone that's pointing such an issue out shouldn't comment on others ha :)

Just a dig mate :)

Edited by The Diesel Guy

I apologise. You are right that it isn't an appropriate forum to nit pick.

I used a comma as the second part was a parenthetical element and not essential to the meaning. True of the apostrophes as I wasn't entirely sure how to use italics on here.

I am not your mate.