Sign in to follow this  
Surge

Tastefully Modded

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't let other people drive your car...... Happened last Friday, Cars been assessed as a write off. Will try to buy it back as a parts car.

And that is also exactly why there is basically three people that drives my car.

My Dad, me, and my GF.

What happened, slide off the road into some solid posts...subrame looks bent...doesn't look written off though...buy it back for sure.

easily a write off depending on value of car.....how did it happen? the road doesnt look that bad....

its the damage to the rear quarter thats goin to be main main reason for the write off. similar thing happened to my car, let my mate drive and he slide into a curb.

It's definately a write off, Would need new suspension componants basically all around, new exhaust system, new underside of car from being so badly ripped up... :rolleyes: The whole frame is bent to the exent of the back pop out not being able to close and the paint is chipping on the other side indicating that the force passed through the roof.

Ontop of that, the passenger door doesn't open as the whole front fender has moved with the subframe about 4cm.

He basically cut the corner, put the left front wheel into a ditch, the left rear followed.. The whole side of the car (the side I was on...) went along the ditch (which is covered with concrete) and over a few large rocks which were also covered - re: this is where nearly all of the damage occured. By about 10m up from where we entered the ditch the whole car was off the road, note the skid lines leading from completely off the road.

Then the car did a 180, as the front wheels were presumeably in full lock as he tried to get the car out of the ditch which consequently spun the car around then we rolled over the edge of the bank to a stop due to the diff catching on a pile of dirt... This is up the port hills BTW (the not so fun place to crash your car)

Posted Image

The corner prior to where the car came off, the yellow lines obviously indicating the cars travel.

Posted Image

The concrete errosion prevention ditch, further up there is a rock which has been covered which I assume has caused most of the damage.

Posted Image

Where the car left the ditch.

Posted Image

Where the car finally stopped, just over the edge. The back of the car could be visible from the road.

Posted Image

A not so lucky Rotary owner either lost his car (or his life) 20m down from where my car ended up.

Edited by Surge

Anyone hurt? Obviously the police attended from the dazzle on the road - the driver get pinged?

Gutted dude.

Nah, No-one hurt - People kept stopping next to the car to have a look just after a blind corner though... Morons.

Driver being done for careless driving - Anyone know what penalties come with that?

Edited by Surge

Driver being done for careless driving - Anyone know what penalties come with that?

for the driver, a kick in the nuts from the owner.. at the bare minimum

Umm the general penalty is at least 3 months lost of licence depending on the history of that guy .. if he is very very clean and mature then he MIGHT just get a fine ..... but otherwise he will lose his licence ...

No bad driving history?? Then, since no injury prob just a fine. If injury, then min six months loss. If previous history then prob loss for at least 3 months.

Tell him to enter no plea on his first appearance and get some legal advice. That is all.