Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Fuel economy - recomendations

my e36 2.8 can do approx 100 km on $20 around town and motorway mix,if you drive super careful on the throttle

post-12612-1302774229.jpg

my e36 2.8 can do approx 100 km on $20 around town and motorway mix,if you drive super careful on the throttle

But what fun is that!? :rolleyes:

After playing around with octanes over summer (in the 430 and the 318) I only use 95 now...reason being i get better mileage then 91 and although it costs a few cents more a litre, performance and better economy balance it out.

I havn't noticed that 98 has any huge difference in economy so that's why i stick with 95, i'm sure you other guys have other theories...but that's mine :ph34r:

Gidday. I noticed some other members have found this site too. I joined recently and added some old receipts I had to start me off. To me it is very helpful to keep an eye on my fuel consumption, plus you can compare with others too. Very interesting I say. www.fuelly.com - Check it out?

Gidday. I noticed some other members have found this site too. I joined recently and added some old receipts I had to start me off. To me it is very helpful to keep an eye on my fuel consumption, plus you can compare with others too. Very interesting I say. www.fuelly.com - Check it out?

it is but only if you are that way inclined...i wouldnt have tracked my 535 i dont think

I found I could get about 6% better fuel economy with 95 in my car.

It easily cancels out the small price difference over 91.

I don't know why anyone buys 91 when 95 works out cheaper, is better for your engine and adds power.

When I bought my m50b25 e30 and drove it back to Auckland from Hastings, it used just about a whole tank.

I worked it out to be between 12-13l/100km (And here I was expecting it to be way more economical than my old m20b25).

But I suppose that included some "spirited driving" and the gearbox/diff ratio wouldn't help either (Revs at around 3200rpm at 100kph)

ouch

i brimmed mine before driving it up to picton a while ago, filled it up again in kaikoura on the way home, did some maths and came up with 8.0L per 100 (all open road with my lead foot coming into play every now and again)

I always run 95 in mine, 91 is horrible stuff. you should try and sort out a taller geared diff mate it'l probably save you a heap of money in gas bills. bet the short final drive ratio is good fun though :)